Xavier vs Kansas State

NobizLikeShowbiz

Well, Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (aka, Xavier), will have their hands full with an in-your-face Kansas St. team led by you know who. I'd think how X responds to the intensity of K-St. will make the difference, and hopefully Sean can get them to sustain their effort from the Illini game in the same building.

I'll go with Xavier by 7, 72-65.

People were drinking their beers, eating their wings, watching their games and having a good time. At the Holy Grail Tavern and Grille in Cincinnati, Monday night was just like any other night.

Then somebody noticed the tall guys.

Then somebody realized they were from Kansas State.

Then it all made sense, and the place started buzzing.

"The team arrived first, and people were asking if he was coming," said Don Andres, co-owner of the Holy Grail. "Then everybody was like, 'Oh My God, Huggs is going to be here!' And people were calling their friends. When he got here, everybody was ecstatic."

Bob Huggins is back in Cincinnati.

If you haven't heard, you're not in Cincinnati.

"He's still probably the most popular person in this entire city," Andres said. "People love him."

Which is why Wednesday night's game between Kansas State and Xavier in downtown Cincinnati is worth the national television audience it's receiving.

It's because people love Huggins. And fantastic storylines. And when the popular man who ruled Cincinnati before being run out of town by a not-nearly-as-popular school president returns for the first time since his abrupt exit, that's a fantastic storyline.

How fantastic?

Consider:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9905499/1

K-State is 4-0 since Bill Walker became eligible. I look for them to improve to 5-0 tonight. Bill's coming back to Ohio where he played much of his high school career, I look for him to have a big night.

I'll say K-State by 9, 74 - 65

Well, Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (aka, Xavier), will have their hands full with an in-your-face Kansas St. team led by you know who. I'd think how X responds to the intensity of K-St. will make the difference, and hopefully Sean can get them to sustain their effort from the Illini game in the same building.

I'll go with Xavier by 7, 72-65.

How will your boys respond to being treated like a visiting team in what's listed as a home game? I know I saw a lot of orange in the building last week... :sssh:

I will be waiting.:sleep: :sleep: Is it going to be on TV?

I'd say you have more faith in Xavier than most of their fan base and team at this point. The way to beat K State is to keep them under 40% from the field, and X hasn't been much of a defensive force this year. In all honesty, X better hope it wins this one. The next two years could get ugly...