2023-2024 Football Realignment

Seybold24

5A district 7 may be the weakest district in the state

Madison Southern, East & West Jess, MoCo. Might as well send trophy’s to Pulaski and Southwestern. 
the other 6 are pretty tough. Should have some good matchups in the 5th with Collins, Scott, Woodford. Just sucks on of them have to turnaround and play Highlands & Cooper. 

1 minute ago, BillNye said:

In reference to the email, @theguru , any chance that Boone drops out of district play if these requests are not met? Or would they be locked in regardless?

I don't know but that is what I would do (if possible) if I was Boone County.  Withdraw from district play and schedule competitive games. 

31 minutes ago, theguru said:

boone.jpg

Asking plain as day "hey can you all put us in this district because we can beat those teams but not the teams we're with" sounds incredibly soft. Either drop from district play or request to drop down a class, but districts are drawn on location and location alone.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, wingt51 said:

Asking plain as day "hey can you all put us in this district because we can beat those teams but not the teams we're with" sounds incredibly soft. Either drop from district play or request to drop down a class, but districts are drawn on location and location alone.

It is about building a program; not about being soft... Yes it is drawn out by location but why is the location a locking factor?  Southern Cal in the Big Ten... West Virginia In the Big 12.... Miami in a NFL division with NE, Buf and New York.... The goal is competitive football.  The goal is enjoyable games for players/coaches/fans.  

"Your small populated county is 15 minutes from a dense populated area with superior talent and depth?  You HAVE to play them every year and get beat by 50.  Oh by the way; you have to do that five more times and have little to no flexibility to schedule other competitive games."

That makes as much sense as the whole world rolling back time just because in the early 1900 majority of people worked on farms and needed daylight. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wingt51 said:

Southern Miss makes more sense to be in the SEC geographically compared to Missouri, Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma.... but they are in the Sun Belt with Coastal Carolina and James Madison even though they are all FBS level football... Why?  Because Southern Miss doesn't have the talent, funding, depth, or history to go toe to toe with Alabama, Georgia, etc....  If Southern Miss built a dominate program; there is a good chance of upgrading their conference (UCF went from FCS to Conference USA to the American to the Big 12).

1 hour ago, theguru said:

boone.jpg

I am a Coach Warner fan, going back to his days at Ryle. We had some great scrimmages when I was at Mason County. Very physical tests that got us ready for the season. 

I trust he is seeking what is best for his kids. I also appreciate his willingness to take the shots and criticism that goes with making this kind of request. 

Those kids are blessed to have Coach Warner in charge.  I am becoming a bigger Boone County Football fan. Good job Coach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't know but that is what I would do (if possible) if I was Boone County.  Withdraw from district play and schedule competitive games. 

According to Frakes, the final alignment has been approved and there were no changes to their district. So looks as if they are going to have to bite the bullet so to speak and play it out for the next two seasons minimum. Tough.

• theguru changed the title to 2023-2024 Football Realignment
5 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

What's the confusion? South Warren was the smallest 6A. Barren County played up, which meant South could drop down if they wanted to.

Warren Central was very clear in their response to the KHSAA - they wanted to drop to 4A if anyone chose to play up to 5A. Since no one played up, Warren Central requested to go to 6A. They believe their program is better suited at this point playing Barren County and the Hardins than playing Bowling Green, Greenwood, and South Warren.

Oh there’s no confusion believe me.

• Haha 2

Does anyone have confidence that Bellevue will be able to field a team this year in !-A?  With them cancelling their season last year it left team scrambling to fill their schedule.  It also had an effect on the RPI of the competing teams.  If there are doubts if they can field a team, it may be better withdraw from the district play a schedule games that allows them to rebuild their program.

From the above link:

Class 1A
1- Ballard Memorial, Caverna, Fulton County, Russellville
2- Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
3- Bellevue, Dayton, Newport, Newport Central Catholic
4- Bishop Brossart, Holy Cross (Covington), Ludlow, Trimble County
5- Berea, Eminence, Frankfort, Sayre
6- Fairview, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland
7- Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, Pineville, Williamsburg
8- Harlan, Hazard, Paintsville, Pikeville

Class 2A
1- Caldwell County, Crittenden County, Mayfield, Murray
2- Edmonson County, Fort Campbell, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central
3- Clinton County, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County
4- Fort Knox, Lexington Christian, Shawnee, Washington County, WEB DuBois**
5- Beechwood, Bracken County, Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Walton-Verona
6- Breathitt County, Danville, Leslie County, Somerset
7- Floyd Central, Knott County Central, Martin County, Prestonsburg
8- Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Pike County Central, Shelby Valley

Class 3A
1- Hancock County, Hopkins County Central, McLean County, Trigg County, Union County, Webster County
2- Adair County, Butler County, Franklin-Simpson, Glasgow, Hart County
3- Central, Christian Academy-Louisville, Elizabethtown, LaRue County
4- Casey County, Garrard County, Marion County, Mercer County, Rockcastle County
5- Bourbon County, Lexington Catholic, Lloyd Memorial, Pendleton County
6- Bath County, East Carter, Fleming County, Lewis County, Russell, West Carter
7- Bell County, Clay County, Knox Central, McCreary Central
8- Belfry, Estill County, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Powell County

Class 4A
1- Allen County-Scottsville, Calloway County, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Paducah Tilghman, Warren East
2- Bardstown, Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Nelson County, Thomas Nelson
3- DeSales, Doss, Jeffersontown, Valley, Waggener, Western
4- Franklin County, Henry County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County, Western Hills
5- Covington Catholic, Grant County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County
6- Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County
7- Boyle County, Lincoln County, Russell County, Taylor County, Wayne County
8- Corbin, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County

Class 5A
1-Apollo, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County, Owensboro
2-Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood, Ohio County, South Warren
3- Atherton, Butler, Fairdale, Iroquois
4- Bullitt Central, Moore, North Bullitt, Seneca
5- Anderson County, Collins, Scott County, South Oldham, Woodford County
6- Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Scott
7- East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, West Jessamine
8- Harlan County, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

Class 6A
1- Christian County, Daviess County, Henderson County, McCracken County
2- Barren County, Central Hardin, North Hardin, Warren Central
3- DuPont Manual, Meade County, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
4- Bullitt East, Fern Creek, Male, Southern
5- Ballard, Eastern, Oldham County, Trinity (Louisville)
6- Campbell County, Great Crossing, Ryle, Simon Kenton
7- Henry Clay, Lafayette, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Tates Creek
8- Bryan Station, Frederick Douglass, George Rogers Clark, Madison Central

**- Not eligible for district postseason competition until at least 2024

Withdrawn from District – Jackson County, Phelps

• Thanks 2