Bengals 26 Raiders 19 (AFC Wildcard)

12 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Not the worst thing in the world. Very doubtful that the Steelers would beat the Chiefs anyways. So would much rather play the Titans next week, than the Chiefs. 

I kept saying, we either need two upsets in the AFC or none. I don't want to go to Arrowhead unless its for the AFC title.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This talk about the whistle on the Boyd TD catch is a joke. The whistle had zero impact on that play. It happened so close to when Boyd caught the ball that it had zero impact on the play.

13 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Agreed.  Folks just looking to stir the pot because the game ended closer than it was at that point.  Everyone stopped on the play because they thought Burrow was stepping out of bounds.  Truth be told, that play was AWESOME, something you'd expect from a former Heisman winner. 

11 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Exactly what I said VOR!!

Anybody get anything on the injuries??

I agree everyone, that whistle had nothing to do with the play and the Bengals earned that touchdown.

The NFL needs to get their act together, the NFL did some type of "quick review" to give the Raiders a completion (fine it was a completion) but the next play the Bengals had to challenge to get a review.  

So we had three different plays where there were three different types of reviews after the play, the NFL needs to do better, you can't pick and choose and most of all the NFL needs to be consistent.

Who Dey!

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I agree everyone, that whistle had nothing to do with the play and the Bengals earned that touchdown.

The NFL needs to get their act together, the NFL did some type of "quick review" to give the Raiders a completion (fine it was a completion) but the next play the Bengals had to challenge to get a review.  

So we had three different plays where there were three different types of reviews after the play, the NFL needs to do better, you can't pick and choose and most of all the NFL needs to be consistent.

Who Dey!

They need to stop this rush to the line to get off a play before the other team can challenge. That's why the Bengal had to throw the challenge flag. fast. Maybe you let a team hold up their challenge flag to pause action to prevent that? Give a team 2 or 3 pause action requests a game? Similar to when an official stands over the ball when the offense subs players and allows the defense to get their subs on the field before snapping the ball.

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

They need to stop this rush to the line to get off a play before the other team can challenge. That's why the Bengal had to throw the challenge flag. fast. Maybe you let a team hold up their challenge flag to pause action to prevent that? Give a team 2 or 3 pause action requests a game? Similar to when an official stands over the ball when the offense subs players and allows the defense to get their subs on the field before snapping the ball.

I think the NFL needs to overhaul their system and make everything the least bit controversial reviewable by "New York" immediately with no challenges. 

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think the NFL needs to overhaul their system and make everything the least bit controversial reviewable by "New York" immediately with no challenges. 

I think the coaches in the game should have the power to pause action for a review before an official challenge, and not be forced by the other team to throw their challenge flag. That takes complete control out of the officials hands and gives teams a say in their own destiny.

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think the coaches in the game should have the power to pause action for a review before an official challenge, and not be forced by the other team to throw their challenge flag. That takes complete control out of the officials hands and gives teams a say in their own destiny.

They have that power, its called using a timeout.

I think rushing to the line so another team doesn't have enough time to challenge is strategy that I think should remain in the game. A coach should be able to trust his players that were a part of the play to make that decision quickly vs getting someone whose seen the replay 3 times to tell him what to do in his headphones.

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

3 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think rushing to the line so another team doesn't have enough time to challenge is strategy that I think should remain in the game. A coach should be able to trust his players that were a part of the play to make that decision quickly vs getting someone whose seen the replay 3 times to tell him what to do in his headphones.

Players play, coaches coach, officials officiate, and the NFL administers. I say leave the players and coaches out of it, review every play quickly and play the game. 

4 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Going to disagree with you on that one MJ. A team shouldn't be forced to use a time out because of a possible bad call by an official.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

We see that in college. Do you like it? I don't. Too many delays in the action.

I can't speak to college football because I don't care enough to pay close attention.  We are talking about Professional Football here, professional, the NFL has to do better and the current system is all over the place and inconsistent, something has to change. 

Hard to believe that in the 2020s, the best they can come up with is a whistle in the mouth.

It’s all about protect the QB. So Joe gets near the sideline and a 50+ year old man, who just ran maybe 15 or 20 yards with a whistle In his mouth ready to save Burrow from getting hit, exhales and potentially kills a game changing play.  That’s on the league.  You want to use technology everywhere else. Why not a button on the belt that sounds a horn or something.  

3 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Hard to believe that in the 2020s, the best they can come up with is a whistle in the mouth.

It’s all about protect the QB. So Joe gets near the sideline and a 50+ year old man, who just ran maybe 15 or 20 yards with a whistle In his mouth ready to save Burrow from getting hit, exhales and potentially kills a game changing play.  That’s on the league.  You want to use technology everywhere else. Why not a button on the belt that sounds a horn or something.  

I agree that is the basis of the mistake made by the official which is ultimately the responsibility of the NFL.

Remember everyone, we put men on the moon over 50 years ago and this is the garbage we have now, it is a joke. 

Saw today where the league said Boger and his crew won’t work anymore this post season.  Honestly, other than the whistle issue, did they really do that bad a job?   Compared to other crews that have worked playoff games in Cincy, this crew was fine.  At least they kept control of the game.