Antonio Brown quits mid-game

45 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Every one always thinks that the problem child deserves one more chance, and 99 percent of the time this is what happens.  They dump on you.

The NFL has proven over and over again, if you’re talented enough, anything can be overlooked. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HoopJunkie said:

The NFL has proven over and over again, if you’re talented enough, anything can be overlooked. 

Unless you're caught on film punching your girlfriend in an elevator.

And even them the League reinstated him.  No takers, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Unless you're caught on film punching your girlfriend in an elevator.

And even them the League reinstated him.  No takers, though.

True. But at that point he was declining. 3 ypc in his last season. A lot of carries on that body. He did workout for a few teams. Eagles, Texans, Lions at least. But yes. No takers. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FatNate said:

PP92....Preach!  Love it.  My opinion based on the narrative that has existed for AB had me feeling like he was at fault.  Same can be said for OBJ, for me, and Aaron Rodgers for that matter.  This is very eye opening for me.  My perception of reality when dealing with pro athletes may need to adjust.  Maybe there is more to the story.  Facts that I may never know or will ever get.  It makes me wonder how often in life I have felt one way or another before I had all the facts or understood the situation fully.   

WOW!  This story just gets better.  Uhhhh....maybe my first impression was more right than wrong....maybe?  What a mess.  Deep down I think both ends have some culpability in this situation.  'Just Win Baby' mentality has some shortcomings.  Teams like UC or Bengals, in the past, have been painted a certain way for this philosophy, while it seems others (New England and Brady as examples), nothing ever sticks.

On 1/3/2022 at 9:43 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Everything fell off for him after the Burfict hit.

I think it did for both of them after certain big hits.  While I think other factors certainly didn't help, it seems they've both suffered a lot of damage during their careers.

My only hope for Brown is that he fades out of the spotlight and doesn't get much more unless it's a recovery story. Too many times we hear of our favorite fallen stars in the news with tragedy as the reason.