Antonio Brown quits mid-game

11 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Brown has had several concussions through out his years playing football.

But the INDEPENDENT medical staff hired by the NFL continues to clear him to play. Surely he has had CAT scans or MRIs to check for CET in lieu of lawsuits on behalf of players.

20 minutes ago, 9068 said:

But the INDEPENDENT medical staff hired by the NFL continues to clear him to play. Surely he has had CAT scans or MRIs to check for CET in lieu of lawsuits on behalf of players.

I thought there was no way of knowing someone has CTE short of an autopsy? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Everything fell off for him after the Burfict hit.

He was great for the next three seasons still after that hit. His biggest issue was he started caring more about himself and things outside of football. Very similar to Chad Johnson at the end of his career caring more about himself and things outside of football, but obviously AB  took it even further and has a lot more going on than even what Chad had at the end of his career. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I thought there was no way of knowing someone has CTE short of an autopsy? 

I guess that is so. Just seems an MRI or CAT scan would show any tissue abnormalities associated with the disease.

16 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

This has been my stance all along. When he got paid, that’s when he really started acting out. 

22 hours ago, bugatti said:

AB is a prime example of what happens when you allow social media to be your existence. He became a caricature of himself about five years ago. The writing was on the wall once he live streamed Tomlin’s post-game locker room speech.

Jason Whitlock agrees with both of you and adds more, from theblaze.com:

Professional sports are no longer a force for good.

They do not unify us. They do not inspire us to seek our better selves. They do not provoke participants to take bold and courageous stances.

For the first time in my lifetime, I believe professional sports do more harm to American society than good.

Pro athletes are cowards. They’re tools of major corporations. They’ve completely sold out for money. They live in fear of the social media mob. Combined, Brady and his wife, Giselle Bundchen, are worth close to a billion dollars.

Professional sports used to reveal and sharpen a man’s character. We’re all flawed. Participation in sports used to shave some of our flaws. Now the games solely reward talent and men willing to swallow and promote whatever agenda Big Tech and global corporations dictate.

For me, the Great Reset is turning into my personal Great Awakening. Professional sports and their participants solely serve the dollar. The difference between Antonio Brown and Tom Brady isn’t as significant as you might think.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/whitlock-mass-formation-psychosis-explains-antonio-browns-meltdown-far-more-than-cte?

It's not just the players either.  Patrick Mahomes, at least on the surface, seems like a pretty stable, likable guy.  Don't really hear much from him outside of pressers and his Jake from State Farms spots.   His wife and brother, on the other hand, are social media nightmares.  Entitled brats whose public figure status is based 100% on someone else's accomplishments.

https://fox4kc.com/news/downtown-kansas-city-bar-calls-out-jackson-mahomes-after-incident/

https://nypost.com/2022/01/03/brittany-matthews-says-chiefs-got-screwed-after-loss/

8 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

This is a well done statement by his lawyers.  I’m looking forward to the Bucs response.  

Why haven’t the Bucs released him yet? 

Antonio Brown clearly has issues and always has had issues.  That doesn’t mean that he deserves to be mistreated.  Especially if you knew he had issues and still brought him onto the team anyways.  The Bucs are getting what they deserve.  Winning over everything!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 3

3 sides to this story. His, theirs, and what really happened. If AB really got mistreated, the Bucs should be penalized. But he has so little credibility at this point. Hard to take him seriously. One thing about the NFL though, all of the sidelines are mic’d up. It’ll be interesting when audio starts “leaking” as to what was actually said. Putting out that statement is going to put the Bucs on the defensive. This thing could get a lot uglier.  

• Like 1