Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland vs. Bishop Brossart Predictions/Updates

Who wins this matchup? 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Raceland
      70%
      36
    • Bishop Brossart
      29%
      15

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Raceland comes into this Regional Championship matchup at 11-1 on the season. Raceland comes in averaging close to 38 points per game, and giving up just over 12 points per game. Bishop Brossart comes into this matchup 12-0 on the season. Bishop Brossart is averaging just over 25 points per game, and giving up just over 4 points per game. 
 

Who wins this Regional Championship matchup? Does Raceland continue its road to the Championship? Does Bishop Brossarts dream season get to continue?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    I believe this is a strength of schedule game. Brossart fans please take the rest of this post as my view of the facts on both teams. Nothing negative should be inferred about my view of the program.

  • All very valid points and I will not dispute them.  I think everyone in our camp is pleasantly surprised by this team and their accomplishments.  I think that Lloyd was the best team we faced, despite

  • Go Coach Wiggens and his Mustangs!

Raceland has a longer tradition of deep playoff runs. Brossart relies on their running game. Look for Rams to put 8-9 in the box. The Stangs will need to throw it about 15 times minimum and be successful to have a shot. Love my Mustangs, but this is the best team they will play so far.

18 hours ago, 9068 said:

Raceland has a longer tradition of deep playoff runs. Brossart relies on their running game. Look for Rams to put 8-9 in the box. The Stangs will need to throw it about 15 times minimum and be successful to have a shot. Love my Mustangs, but this is the best team they will play so far.

I would anticipate that to be Raceland's strategy.  If so, I would split Govan outside and run slants and seam routes.  He is a mismatch over any defender Raceland has.  Brossart 20 - Raceland 13

30 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

I would anticipate that to be Raceland's strategy.  If so, I would split Govan outside and run slants and seam routes.  He is a mismatch over any defender Raceland has.  Brossart 20 - Raceland 13

I can deal with that!!

I believe this is a strength of schedule game. Brossart fans please take the rest of this post as my view of the facts on both teams. Nothing negative should be inferred about my view of the program. Coach Wiggins has done a great job there. That said ...

Brossart's record is an illusion. The best team they have played this year is 4-8 Covington Holy Cross. Their SOS is one of the worst in 1A. Raceland has played 7 games against teams better than Brossart and won 6 of them. I would consider this the biggest upset of the playoffs if Brossart won. The Mustangs are playing their best football of the season but they have faced nothing close to Raceland. I will give Brossart credit for being undefeated in spite of the weak schedule and say Raceland by 2 TD's. Anything closer would surprise me. Anything more than a 2 TD Raceland win will not surprise me.

Best team Brossart has played all year and I think that catches up with them. 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I believe this is a strength of schedule game. Brossart fans please take the rest of this post as my view of the facts on both teams. Nothing negative should be inferred about my view of the program. Coach Wiggins has done a great job there. That said ...

Brossart's record is an illusion. The best team they have played this year is 4-8 Covington Holy Cross. Their SOS is one of the worst in 1A. Raceland has played 7 games against teams better than Brossart and won 6 of them. I would consider this the biggest upset of the playoffs if Brossart won. The Mustangs are playing their best football of the season but they have faced nothing close to Raceland. I will give Brossart credit for being undefeated in spite of the weak schedule and say Raceland by 2 TD's. Anything closer would surprise me. Anything more than a 2 TD Raceland win will not surprise me.

I watched Raceland's game this past Friday.  It was the first time I saw them play.  They look to be very similar to Brossart in personnel.  I could be wrong. 

It's difficult to ascertain much from SoS.  If Raceland played the same schedule as Brossart would they be undefeated?  Probably.  Would they have held their opponents to an average of 4 points a game?  Who knows.  Raceland has given up 10 TD's to 1A competition.  Brossart has given up 5. 

Let's hope for a close competitive game.  

1 minute ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Who will host this game?

Raceland.

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I believe this is a strength of schedule game. Brossart fans please take the rest of this post as my view of the facts on both teams. Nothing negative should be inferred about my view of the program. Coach Wiggins has done a great job there. That said ...

Brossart's record is an illusion. The best team they have played this year is 4-8 Covington Holy Cross. Their SOS is one of the worst in 1A. Raceland has played 7 games against teams better than Brossart and won 6 of them. I would consider this the biggest upset of the playoffs if Brossart won. The Mustangs are playing their best football of the season but they have faced nothing close to Raceland. I will give Brossart credit for being undefeated in spite of the weak schedule and say Raceland by 2 TD's. Anything closer would surprise me. Anything more than a 2 TD Raceland win will not surprise me.

All very valid points and I will not dispute them.  I think everyone in our camp is pleasantly surprised by this team and their accomplishments.  I think that Lloyd was the best team we faced, despite Holy Cross upsetting them in the playoffs.

We have won out against pretty much the same schedule we have been playing since we were realigned to Class 1A back in 2015, so I won't apologize for our "weak schedule" nor was it created with the intention of going undefeated.  It just sort of happened.

Being an old-timer, I understand all about Raceland.  They have a whale of a big-time football program housed in a Class 1A school, and have been quite successful at it.  I'm hoping our defense will be good enough to keep them within range, and that it is a contentious game.  We've earned our way to this point, and will hope for the best this Friday night.    

I know this has been debated before but why don't Brossart and Newport Catholic schedule each other.  Seems like it potentially would help each with SOS based on their current schedules.   Good luck to both teams on Friday.  Northern Kentucky is well represented in the playoffs.

Very eager to see how this Brossart defense holds up against a top team that can attack you in a variety of ways. I don't know that the Mustangs have had to deal with personnel like this all year. 

If you're Brossart, you cling to the grit you've played with every week. There's a lot to be said about the 'iron sharpens iron' scheduling philosophy, but there's also something to be said about not knowing how to lose. I expect them to brim with confidence. How long that lasts depends on how long the outcome remains in doubt. You don't want to let a team that hasn't tasted defeat hang around.

If Raceland goes up a couple of scores, can the Mustangs stay in it by running into the teeth of a very good Raceland front seven? I think Brossart's lack of offensive balance could be their undoing as much as anything else. Give me the Rams by three scores.

Raceland’s defense has been solid all season and is one of their best in recent years and their offense has improved the entire season. I’d think it could still be a close game but wouldn’t be surprised by a 14-17 point win. Weather other than dropping temperature  thru the mid 40’s to upper 20’s should be good with sun all day Friday. Good luck to both teams and safe travels for Bishop Brossart. 

23 hours ago, RetiredFan said:

I know this has been debated before but why don't Brossart and Newport Catholic schedule each other.  Seems like it potentially would help each with SOS based on their current schedules.   Good luck to both teams on Friday.  Northern Kentucky is well represented in the playoffs.

It has not made sense for them to play based on the gap between the programs.  It may very well make sense for them to play in the coming years.  

Its not going to help NCC with SOS.  You can't look at one season and say oh they should have been playing.  Up until this year nobody would have said that based on the type of teams Brossart has had as well as what had happened when they were both in the same 2A district.  Coach Wiggins is changing that!

NCC non district schedule is Campbell County, Holmes, Roger Bacon, Walton, Holy Cross, Newport and Beechwood.  No class A schools at all in non district.  

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

It has not made sense for them to play based on the gap between the programs.  It may very well make sense for them to play in the coming years.  

Its not going to help NCC with SOS.  You can't look at one season and say oh they should have been playing.  Up until this year nobody would have said that based on the type of teams Brossart has had as well as what had happened when they were both in the same 2A district.  Coach Wiggins is changing that!

NCC non district schedule is Campbell County, Holmes, Roger Bacon, Walton, Holy Cross, Newport and Beechwood.  No class A schools at all in non district.  

Kind of makes since not to play teams in the regular season that you may have to play in the playoffs. You do not want to show your hand if you do not have to. NewCath has always played teams in bigger classes for as long as I can remember. Playing some of these out of class teams only help you further down the road. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.