Southwestern at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Southwestern vs. Frederick Douglass  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 12:32 AM

Well BGP friends here we are again for the 3rd straight season the Frederick Douglass Broncos (11-1) will take on the Southwestern Warriors (11-1) for the Regional (5A Quarterfinals) title this year at "The Farm". Frederick Douglass has won the previous two quarterfinal games by 44-8 (2019) and in a great but very muddy game last season 21-20. This game as of now on the KHSAA bracket is scheduled to kick a 7:00pm and can be seen on NHSF Network as well.

On paper according to the current RPI standings the best match-up of all the 5A quarterfinal games with only a difference of .24 compared to the next closest of .39 in the Woodford/Cov.Cath. game. The other two .82 in the South Warren/South Oldham game and the largest spread of the 4 in the Owensboro/Bullitt Central game with a difference of .114.

This game will more than likely come down to if the Warriors of Southwestern can put together long sustained drives and win the time of possession and keep the Broncos offense standing on the sidelines. As most of the games from here on will be I expect this to be a good game. Best of luck to both teams to see who will get to practice again on Thanksgiving!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your math is off a bit there.  A difference of .114 is actually much smaller that .24 and a whole lot smaller than .82......

SW is very underrated. I like them to pull the upset. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Well BGP friends here we are again for the 3rd straight season the Frederick Douglass Broncos (11-1) will take on the Southwestern Warriors (11-1) for the Regional (5A Quarterfinals) title this year at "The Farm". Frederick Douglass has won the previous two quarterfinal games by 44-8 (2019) and in a great but very muddy game last season 21-20. This game as of now on the KHSAA bracket is scheduled to kick a 7:00pm and can be seen on NHSF Network as well.

On paper according to the current RPI standings the best match-up of all the 5A quarterfinal games with only a difference of .24 compared to the next closest of .39 in the Woodford/Cov.Cath. game. The other two .82 in the South Warren/South Oldham game and the largest spread of the 4 in the Owensboro/Bullitt Central game with a difference of .114.

This game will more than likely come down to if the Warriors of Southwestern can put together long sustained drives and win the time of possession and keep the Broncos offense standing on the sidelines. As most of the games from here on will be I expect this to be a good game. Best of luck to both teams to see who will get to practice again on Thanksgiving!

I think your math is off a bit there.  A difference of .114 is actually much smaller that .24 and a whole lot smaller than .82......

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

The math might be off but based on the RPI numbers Douglass and Southwestern are the two closest RPI numbers than any of the other 3 games.

If and this is a pretty big IF, SW can limit Keys big plays I think they play aggressive enough to keep this game competitive, and possibly even be able to pull the upset…. That said I’ll still take Douglass by 2 TD’s

If they could "spy" Key that could slow FD down, but they have other weapons. Take some one away, other weakness is exposed. Of course FD has had a history of shooting themselves in the foot in the playoffs. SW will have to play their best 48 minutes of the year!

I could be wrong but I think SW will be very competitive in this game.  If they can keep from turning the ball over and keep FD offense off the field, I actually think they will win.  I think this game will be close !