Male 56 Bullitt East 8

Tigerpride94

So it's possible to be proud and disappointed all at the same time.  I'm proud that Bullitt East took a step forward this season.  They won 8 games which is a huge improvement from the last 7 years.  I thought they would win 8-10 games this year and they did.  They have a lot of talent that returns next year and I'll say it now....they're a top 5 team in class 6A next year.  With that being said, I'm disappointed in the result last night.  Not because they didn't win (I had not delusions that they would pull one out), but because when they had a chance to make a play, they didn't and it wasn't because of the talent of Male.  There were multiple times in the game they had opportunities to step up and the boys simply didn't.  A lot of work to do over the offseason, but they have talent and if they boys will step up, they have a chance to be right there next year with Trinity, St. X & Male.  The offense returns everyone, except for the right guard.  Travis Egan, Nolan Davenport, Cam Brogan & Mason Gauthier have a chance to do some special things on offense next year.  If the offensive line can improve their lateral movement, the offense will score 50+ per game easily next year.  On defense, they return 7 starters.  They have a few more holes to plug, but they return many of their most dynamic players on that side of the ball.  Great things lie ahead for the Chargers if they will simply work and believe it.

• Like 1

I agree @Unrivaled97.  They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.  Front 7 or 8 pretty good.  Need the secondary to take another "step" next year.  But having players who can run and tackle and throw and all of the those things don't necessarily mean there has been a culture change.  That part is actually harder than learning to "play"  I honestly don't think they should have lost a game outside of the two Male games.  It is simply more hard work and a change in expectations and attitude.  Accountability to each other and to themselves.  Raising their off season intensity and work ethic.  The talent is there. 

• Like 1