Boyle County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Boyle County vs. Frederick Douglass  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2021 at 11:32 PM

2 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Anyone got some links to a good video broadcast of the game?

I just checked and I see Prepspin is doing the LexCath/Scott County game but I see as @16thBBall Fan pointed out it is on the NFHS Network but that is pay to play:

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/frederick-douglass-high-school-lexington-ky/gam10484f35fa

• Like 1

Thinking about the game, when was the last time Boyle came into a game as the underdog?  I'd think you would have to go back to November 11th., 2016 at Louisville Central.   

Boyle has their work cut out for them to pull this game out.  No matter what happens in this game, win or lose,  it's not the big picture of a State Championship.   IMO Boyle still will have home field through out the playoffs as a #1 or #2 seed regardless. 

Most importantly just get through tomorrow night without any injuries and get ready for the season that really matters starting next week.    Go Rebels!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

I think Boyle by 2 TDS.  
The Dane Commitment will be a distraction and I feel he would have had more hype after the season especially if they win State. 

Info/ Links to watch below 

D82008AD-4FDB-4F63-98ED-26641D461418.png

It may all end up being a distraction, but the dude has been rumored as having a desire to be a Wildcat since youth ball. If UK offered a scholly and he's going to be debt free I'm not sure more hype would have matted to him. 

1 minute ago, ChickenWyngz said:

It may all end up being a distraction, but the dude has been rumored as having a desire to be a Wildcat since youth ball. If UK offered a scholly and he's going to be debt free I'm not sure more hype would have matted to him. 

I think his dad played for UK and is on FD football staff. So that helps the draw to the Cats.  I’m also a Blue Cats fan and his numbers are average at best nation wide and below for Ky.  I think it’s a great get for UK but for all the hype I don't see it. I hope it works out for him and UK down the road. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

I think Boyle by 2 TDS.  
The Dane Commitment will be a distraction and I feel he would have had more hype after the season especially if they win State. 

Info/ Links to watch below 

D82008AD-4FDB-4F63-98ED-26641D461418.png

BC by 2 TDs though? FD is a lot better than LCA and they beat BC by only 7. I do agree witcha on the hype thing. So many more players in the state with better numbers and avg, but yeah it is a good get for UK. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

BC by 2 TDs though? FD is a lot better than LCA and they beat BC by only 7. I do agree witcha on the hype thing. So many more players in the state with better numbers and avg, but yeah it is a good get for UK. 

Yes on the score. Boyle has better RPI and way better offensive numbers. FD defense is pretty good also but the style of Boyle football is hard to prepare for. Although FD seems to use more running than passing they are still balanced. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Yes on the score. Boyle has better RPI and way better offensive numbers. FD defense is pretty good also but the style of Boyle football is hard to prepare for. Although FD seems to use more running than passing they are still balanced. 

I also hate that FD district is bad and they have 2 Covid wins and never rescheduled anyone. Poor Grant county needs to play down at least 3/4A.  They only have around 27-30 players.

Boyle much stronger district also.

1 hour ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I've said previously in threads that the QB has been overthrowing Key all season particularly vs Station, TTUN and Dunbar.  Which may or may not reflect on the QB's offers. If you are overthrowing a future D-1 player that is beating his defenders consistently, that is likely a red flag to college recruiters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Just curious but what are you basing the opinion that FD is better than LCA on?