Boyle County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Boyle County vs. Frederick Douglass  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2021 at 11:32 PM

Watched BC vs BG on a BC lineman's HUDL. Boyle is super efficient and good! Good team. The blocking scheme for their spread offense plays into Douglass' hands.  Douglass is too strong, and too fast for that. There will be maybe one or two screen passes, maybe even a draw that will gain positive yards, but misdirection isn't going to work because the Broncos ends stay at home well. They don't get taken out of containment or leave their lane.

Some are just talking about Boyle based off of their past legacy but I am looking at current tape, and it isn't adding up.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Just watched 2021 BC vs LexCath... Boyle O is not up to par with FD defense. End of story lol. This isn't going to be a blowout, but past halftime Douglass pulls away comfortably.

Just watched the Bryan Station game and Douglas didn't show me much on the rushing game or passing game.  So you watched BC game against Lex Cath. and you don't think that their O in not a match with FD D?  Well you do know that teams can and will have a bad game during the year sometimes.   I think that if Boyle plays FD the way the play Lex Cath. they will not win.  But if FD plays the same way they did against Bryan Station then they will not win.   

Boyle did lose to LCA this year by 7 points which we all know that LCA is really good this year.  FD did beat LCA but that was last year.  LCA's team is a lot different this year then last year.  I believe that this is going to be a great game and features 2 of the best team in high school this year.   I believe that the Rebels will win but will not be shocked if FD beats the Rebels.  I just hope that both teams will come out of the game with no injuries heading into the playoffs.  Good luck to both teams.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

last year's LCA team IS THE SAME AS THIS SEASON, only difference is that they are a grade higher. Last season LCA did not loose anyone significant to graduation. Everyone is back for LCA.  

With a few transfers in to help also.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rebelstat said:

Just watched the Bryan Station game and Douglas didn't show me much on the rushing game or passing game.  So you watched BC game against Lex Cath. and you don't think that their O in not a match with FD D?  Well you do know that teams can and will have a bad game during the year sometimes.   I think that if Boyle plays FD the way the play Lex Cath. they will not win.  But if FD plays the same way they did against Bryan Station then they will not win.   

Boyle did lose to LCA this year by 7 points which we all know that LCA is really good this year.  FD did beat LCA but that was last year.  LCA's team is a lot different this year then last year.  I believe that this is going to be a great game and features 2 of the best team in high school this year.   I believe that the Rebels will win but will not be shocked if FD beats the Rebels.  I just hope that both teams will come out of the game with no injuries heading into the playoffs.  Good luck to both teams.   

Definitely!  I'm on the record as saying Douglass didn't play their best game against Station, they were still working out preseason kinks. However, it was 27- 7 in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes remaining before the Defenders scored on the second team .

And I am on the record as saying Boyle is a good and capable opponent.  Nowhere have I said they are mediocre. But I don't think their offense can do much of anything against the Bronco defense, and my view is reinforced after watching film on them. 

For sure it will be a great atmosphere and some big plays for sure.

2 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Definitely!  I'm on the record as saying Douglass didn't play their best game against Station, they were still working out preseason kinks. However, it was 20/21 - 7 in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes remaining before the Defenders scored on the second team .

And I am on the record as saying Boyle is a good and capable opponent.  Nowhere have I said they are mediocre. But I don't think their offense can do much of anything against the Bronco defense, and my view is reinforced after watching film on them. 

For sure it will be a great atmosphere and some big plays for sure.

I didn't say anything about you saying mediocre.  FD didn't look good and did play good against Bryan Station.  With that said, Boyle didn't look good or play good against Lex. Cath.  I believe we can just throw those game out.   FD is one of the best team Boyle will face this year and can lose the game.  But I will say that this is by far the best team that FD has faced this year.   

3 minutes ago, Rebelstat said:

I didn't say anything about you saying mediocre.  FD didn't look good and did play good against Bryan Station.  With that said, Boyle didn't look good or play good against Lex. Cath.  I believe we can just throw those game out.   FD is one of the best team Boyle will face this year and can lose the game.  But I will say that this is by far the best team that FD has faced this year.   

No, you can feel free to throw out your loss to LCA if you so choose. Douglass was working out the kinks, and won comfortably. Game was NEVER in question.

Your Rebels on the other hand, have a loss, and a shaky six point win that was contested til the end. NOT TO mention both were in Titletown, on your home turf. Let alone your base was questioning Haddix throughout the 1st half of the season. 

Maybe there is a lot to throw out on you alls end.. lol. Not so much FDHS.

9 hours ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

last year's LCA team IS THE SAME AS THIS SEASON, only difference is that they are a grade higher. Last season LCA did not loose anyone significant to graduation. Everyone is back for LCA.  

They didn't lose their all time leading tackler in school history. Matti Lebryk? Ok maybe he wasn't significant enough.