Boyle County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Boyle County vs. Frederick Douglass  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2021 at 11:32 PM

3 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

With the exception of Matt Lybrick(?) LCA and Burton for FD, both teams HAS THE SAME ROSTER and what's the outcome of last season between them 2? 😏

So based on that you all are not better than North Hardin or Owensboro. I would imagine Owensboro will be glad to hear that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

YUP and what's your base?

I don't have any base for anything I have never said either team was better than the other. If I had though I wouldn't use the previous season for my basis. The best team doesn't always win and each year is different even if the roster is the same or not players grow and develop differently even decline at times. Was just curious why you thought they were better given there is no evidence to support that claim.

1 minute ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

I don't have any base for anything I have never said either team was better than the other. If I had though I wouldn't use the previous season for my basis. The best team doesn't always win and each is is different roster or not players grow and develop differently even decline at times. Was just curious why you thought they were better given there is no evidence to support that claim.

Why would you not use that? Same personnel on team with those exception I mentioned, plus your defense ( I assumed you're for BC) your legendary DC is now at Centre. I was curious to know what that poster meant or serious about BC by 2 TD's, y'all might just win, but to say by 2 TD's lol.

20 hours ago, Rebel said:

Rebels will lose this game IMO. Douglas has too many athletes.. I think The qb will struggle to make throws down the stretch and the run game for Boyle will be neutralized by the speed of Douglas.. 

1 minute ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Why would you not use that? Same personnel on team with those exception I mentioned, plus your defense ( I assumed you're for BC) your legendary DC is now at Centre. I was curious to know what that poster meant or serious about BC by 2 TD's, y'all might just win, but to say by 2 TD's lol.

I wouldn't use that for the reasons I listed above growth and decline can both happen. In 2018 Boyle had a junior class that had lead them to a state title as sophomores. There were some special seniors too but the MVP of that game was the soph. QB followed closely by Reese smith as a soph. WR/DB. I bring this up because they went into Corbin as the heavy favorite after beating them the previous season very convincingly in the state title. They were in a similar situation as you speak about yet Corbin won that game 21-0. I don't believe last season ever has any bearing on the current one. We lost Chuck Smith two years ago who is obviously a legend and then won another title. We lost Hester this year again a legend but so far the train hasn't come off the tracks. Haddix isnt the kind of guy who comes in a breaks a program so I am not worried about our football program with him at the head of it!

2 minutes ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

I wouldn't use that for the reasons I listed above growth and decline can both happen. In 2018 Boyle had a junior class that had lead them to a state title as sophomores. There were some special seniors too but the MVP of that game was the soph. QB followed closely by Reese smith as a soph. WR/DB. I bring this up because they went into Corbin as the heavy favorite after beating them the previous season very convincingly in the state title. They were in a similar situation as you speak about yet Corbin won that game 21-0. I don't believe last season ever has any bearing on the current one. We lost Chuck Smith two years ago who is obviously a legend and then won another title. We lost Hester this year again a legend but so far the train hasn't come off the tracks. Haddix isnt the kind of guy who comes in a breaks a program so I am not worried about our football program with him at the head of it!

Well I'll eat a fat crow if FD is defeated by 2 TD's or defeated in general. As a lot of posters on here, how's that?   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Well I'll eat a fat crow if FD is defeated by 2 TD's or defeated in general. As a lot of posters on here, how's that?   

I think you misunderstood my intentions. I was simply discussing the better than LCA comment. I have not idea what the score will be. I highly anticipate a great ball game. Make no mistake one way or another half of this thread will have to eat crow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLYGUY said:

Rebels will lose this game IMO. Douglas has too many athletes.. I think The qb will struggle to make throws down the stretch and the run game for Boyle will be neutralized by the speed of Douglas.

Where did I say that? 

Give me Douglass by at least two scores.

If you know how Boyle County football has gone about its business for the last 20+ years, it's not easy to pull the trigger on picking them to lose handily. I have no doubt they'll be well prepared and compete to the final whistle, but I think containing Douglass' plethora of athletes will prove too big a task. Dane Key is overdue to go off and I think the Rebels are the kind of opponent to bring that out of him. 

This could very well be a matchup of future state champions. 

• Like 2

Douglass throws the ball a lot more this year than in years past. If the weather was as it has been most Friday nights this football season I would really like the Broncos chances to win and maybe even by double digits. I personally think that the weather that will be hitting within the next 3 minutes will affect Frederick Douglass more so that it will Boyle so I think this game now could go either way. I am glad it is at least on turf and not like the playoff game last year at Southwestern.