Boyle County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Boyle County vs. Frederick Douglass  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2021 at 11:32 PM

Just now, Paul Dean said:

Our secret is we look smaller, slower and weaker.  That’s what we do.  And look where it has gotten us!

I have nothing but respect and admiration for the Boyle County football program but I think Freddie D is a little better this year.  And even if I am wrong I will jump right back on the Who Ya With bandwagon because I really like both teams. 

1 minute ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

One thing that is somewhat a distraction is that after today Douglass will not be able to practice at their field tomorrow or Thursday due to the KHSAA hosting the boys and girls state soccer semifinals at Douglass as well as both finals on Saturday.

Where are they going to practice and how far is that location away from FD?

17 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Isn't their campus called THE FARM?

I'm sure if you have been to a BC game, you have seen their sign(s) around their bleacher area with the words "County > City". So with Douglass being in the city of Lexington lol, I guessing I'll pick the city team 😏. Oh why is it called the FARM, maybe 16thBBall fan can answer that.

32 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I'm sure if you have been to a BC game, you have seen their sign(s) around their bleacher area with the words "County > City". So with Douglass being in the city of Lexington lol, I guessing I'll pick the city team 😏. Oh why is it called the FARM, maybe 16thBBall fan can answer that.

Yeah, I'd say that Boyle sign has to do with their rivalry with Danville.

As for the name of Frederick Douglass, the land where it was built was a huge thoroughbred farm for many years. That's why they call it that.

My question was rhetorical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Yeah, I'd say that Boyle sign has to do with their rivalry with Danville.

As for the name of Frederick Douglass, the land where it was built was a huge thoroughbred farm for many years. That's why they call it that.

My question was rhetorical.

BC sign County > City was/ is in reference to them playing LCA, Lex Cath and Now FD oh and yeah big city of Danville lol. As far as the "Farm", I knew that. Land donated (maybe bought by FCPS) by horse farm peps. 

• Like 1