Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Top 4 for the CFP (11/23/21)

Featured Replies

On 10/24/2021 at 12:44 PM, John Anthony said:

Yes Penix played that game.  He’s now hurt again he wasn’t the same guy this year.  I believe he had 3 INT’s vs. UC.

He was bad.....but UC has a pretty good back end to that defense.... actually, the front end is pretty good too. Mike Tressel has just kept it going!

  • Replies 94
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    I honestly think the only lock is Georgia at this very moment.

  • Forde is a clown that writes solely for shock value.

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

In this scenario. A one lost UK team from the SEC could potentially have a shot to be that team that sneaks in if Oregon also slips up somewhere. 

No way.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:41 AM, futurecoach said:

In this scenario. A one lost UK team from the SEC could potentially have a shot to be that team that sneaks in if Oregon also slips up somewhere. 

UC wins over Notre Dame would be better than anything on UKs schedule. Notre Dames resume will likely be better as well. Same with a 1 loss Michigan or Michigan State. Kentucky is dead and buried and far as the playoff unless Georgia somehow loses 2 games between now and then and UK gets a shot at Bama. 

10 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

UC wins over Notre Dame would be better than anything on UKs schedule. Notre Dames resume will likely be better as well. Same with a 1 loss Michigan or Michigan State. Kentucky is dead and buried and far as the playoff unless Georgia somehow loses 2 games between now and then and UK gets a shot at Bama. 

Hence why I said in the scenario that was mentioned, which had a lot of those teams knocking each other off. Which as a Notre Dame fan, I don’t think they finish with one lost. I think they may be in trouble this week against UNC. Michigan State is a team that literally has not beat anyone, and is the typical over ranking of many of the big 10 teams every year after beating no one. When the reality is OSU is usually truly the only top team in that conference that doesn’t get over ranked. Very good chance both Michigan and MSU end up with at least 2 losses IMO. 
 

So yeah a one lost UK team, with its only lost coming on the road against the best team in the country. Definitely can have a sneaky shot at making it, but definitely needs a lot of happen. Which no one can say that’s impossible, because every year in college football we see teams lose that we never expect to lose. Now UK can help it’s chances by not just winning all their games, but also looking good doing so. Is the chances small absolutely, but is there a chance? Absolutely.

 

I don’t think OSU loses in the Big 10, and I think the other Big 10 teams knock each other off and good chance at 2 losses each. I think Georgia goes undefeated and knocks out Bama. I don’t think Notre Dame wins out, they are to flawed this year. So comes down to Oregon needing to lose another, and Oklahoma needing to lose two. Which Oklahoma has shown they are very vulnerable this year. 
 

IMO it will be 

1. Georgia

2. OSU

3. UC

4. who knows. 

On 10/25/2021 at 11:54 AM, Walter said:

 

I think when the official college football rankings come out if they both keep winning Oregon will be ahead of them

7 hours ago, cincyswords said:

I think when the official college football rankings come out if they both keep winning Oregon will be ahead of them

Oregon, Wake and Oklahoma are the wild cards this year.

I can’t see a scenario where a 1 loss Oregon team gets left out considering the win at Ohio State.

Hopefully Oklahoma drops one and takes themselves out of consideration.

The ACC is way down, but I’m not sure how you leave an undefeated ACC champ out of the playoffs.

A peculiar year for sure….

12 Team Playoff this year would be a lot of fun to see... 

 

20211028_134044.jpg

  • Author
4 hours ago, Walter said:

12 Team Playoff this year would be a lot of fun to see... 

 

20211028_134044.jpg

The 5 / 12 upset rolls on!

6 hours ago, Walter said:

12 Team Playoff this year would be a lot of fun to see... 

 

20211028_134044.jpg

I think that field looks very different in a few weeks.  My only other issue would be Notre Dame over UK. I know that’s how they land in the rankings currently.  But UK has a better body of work. 

7 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I think that field looks very different in a few weeks.  My only other issue would be Notre Dame over UK. I know that’s how they land in the rankings currently.  But UK has a better body of work. 

I'd disagree with this...pretty much any site you look at (teamrankings , sagarin, etc) has Notre Dame ahead of Kentucky as far as SOS.

Notre Dame has had to win games at Florida State, at Virginia Tech, and at a neutral site against Wisconsin. All three of those teams are better than Kentucky's best road win, South Carolina...who isn't a very good football team this year. 

You could make an argument that Purdue and Florida are similar competition level and that LSU and USC are similar as well. Kentucky probably beats LSU regardless, but you also have to factor in the amount of injuries to key players that LSU had leading up to the game against UK.

 

 

9 hours ago, Walter said:

I'd disagree with this...pretty much any site you look at (teamrankings , sagarin, etc) has Notre Dame ahead of Kentucky as far as SOS.

Notre Dame has had to win games at Florida State, at Virginia Tech, and at a neutral site against Wisconsin. All three of those teams are better than Kentucky's best road win, South Carolina...who isn't a very good football team this year. 

You could make an argument that Purdue and Florida are similar competition level and that LSU and USC are similar as well. Kentucky probably beats LSU regardless, but you also have to factor in the amount of injuries to key players that LSU had leading up to the game against UK.

 

 

And I would disagree again.  I've had two favorite football teams (I know ?) for as long as I can remember.  I've been a fan of the Irish longer since their games were actually on TV when I was little and I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch UK games rebroadcast at 11:00 P.M.  So for me it's Notre Dame 1A and UK 1B. 

I've watched every game that each of these teams have played thus far this season, and I think if matched head to head that UK would win rather easily.  Notre Dame has not beat a decent team all year.  And as much as I hate to admit it, that will be true even if they win out the rest of the way and finish the season at 11-1.   For once I am in full agreement with the Notre Dame is overrated crowd. 

That win at Florida St. wasn't very impressive, they were lucky that they survived.  FSU's only home wins this season are against Syracuse and UMass.  And let's not forget that home loss to Jacksonville St.  

Virginia Teach has now lost three consecutive home games, I guess Enter Sandman just hasn't had the same affect on opponents this season.  Their best win all year is vs. a 4-3 North Carolina. 

And Wisconsin is down this year as well at 4-3.  Those 4 wins are vs. Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Army, and Purdue.  So I guess Purdue is their best win.  In my opinion Florida would crush Purdue.   

Notre Dame often struggles on offense.  They've not yet truly resolved their QB situation.  I'm not sure they would be able to move the ball vs. Georgia and their defense is not as good as UK's either.  

That's not to say that UK doesn't have any issues as they certainly do, but head to head I believe that they are much better than Notre Dame this season, which is something I never thought I would ever say.  

 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

And I would disagree again.  I've had two favorite football teams (I know ?) for as long as I can remember.  I've been a fan of the Irish longer since their games were actually on TV when I was little and I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch UK games rebroadcast at 11:00 P.M.  So for me it's Notre Dame 1A and UK 1B. 

I've watched every game that each of these teams have played thus far this season, and I think if matched head to head that UK would win rather easily.  Notre Dame has not beat a decent team all year.  And as much as I hate to admit it, that will be true even if they win out the rest of the way and finish the season at 11-1.   For once I am in full agreement with the Notre Dame is overrated crowd. 

That win at Florida St. wasn't very impressive, they were lucky that they survived.  FSU's only home wins this season are against Syracuse and UMass.  And let's not forget that home loss to Jacksonville St.  

Virginia Teach has now lost three consecutive home games, I guess Enter Sandman just hasn't had the same affect on opponents this season.  Their best win all year is vs. a 4-3 North Carolina. 

And Wisconsin is down this year as well at 4-3.  Those 4 wins are vs. Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Army, and Purdue.  So I guess Purdue is their best win.  In my opinion Florida would crush Purdue.   

Notre Dame often struggles on offense.  They've not yet truly resolved their QB situation.  I'm not sure they would be able to move the ball vs. Georgia and their defense is not as good as UK's either.  

That's not to say that UK doesn't have any issues as they certainly do, but head to head I believe that they are much better than Notre Dame this season, which is something I never thought I would ever say.  

 

 

 

 

You saved me a lot of looking up records and typing.  For that I thank you. 

11 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

And I would disagree again.  I've had two favorite football teams (I know ?) for as long as I can remember.  I've been a fan of the Irish longer since their games were actually on TV when I was little and I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch UK games rebroadcast at 11:00 P.M.  So for me it's Notre Dame 1A and UK 1B. 

I've watched every game that each of these teams have played thus far this season, and I think if matched head to head that UK would win rather easily.  Notre Dame has not beat a decent team all year.  And as much as I hate to admit it, that will be true even if they win out the rest of the way and finish the season at 11-1.   For once I am in full agreement with the Notre Dame is overrated crowd. 

That win at Florida St. wasn't very impressive, they were lucky that they survived.  FSU's only home wins this season are against Syracuse and UMass.  And let's not forget that home loss to Jacksonville St.  

Virginia Teach has now lost three consecutive home games, I guess Enter Sandman just hasn't had the same affect on opponents this season.  Their best win all year is vs. a 4-3 North Carolina. 

And Wisconsin is down this year as well at 4-3.  Those 4 wins are vs. Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Army, and Purdue.  So I guess Purdue is their best win.  In my opinion Florida would crush Purdue.   

Notre Dame often struggles on offense.  They've not yet truly resolved their QB situation.  I'm not sure they would be able to move the ball vs. Georgia and their defense is not as good as UK's either.  

That's not to say that UK doesn't have any issues as they certainly do, but head to head I believe that they are much better than Notre Dame this season, which is something I never thought I would ever say.  

 

 

 

 

I think you took my post the wrong way. 

I wasn't arguing one way or the other for which team was better. I was disagreeing that Kentucky has a better body of work than Notre Dame and pointing out that they are both 6-1 and Notre Dame has done it against a tougher schedule. The numbers support that. It isn't just an opinion. 

UK's two worst opponents are Chattanooga and UL Monroe.

Notre Dame's two worst opponents are Toledo and either Florida State or Virginia Tech...big difference in competition there. 

Missouri and South Carolina are probably next on the list for worst teams on UK's schedule. Neither of those teams are good and I don't see how anyone can argue against that.

Notre Dame's next two would be Virginia Tech and USC... Both teams are struggling but have wins against other P5 teams. South Carolina's best win is either East Carolina or Vandy, while Missouri's is North Texas or Central Michigan. 

Kentucky's two best wins are at home against Florida and a depleted LSU team who ended up beating Florida the following week without several of the same players missing against UK. 

Notre Dame has beaten Purdue ( who owns an out of conference win over Oregon State as well as a road win over #2 in the country at the time) and Wisconsin on a neutral field. 

None of that means Notre Dame is better than Kentucky, but Kentucky doesn't have a better body of work through 7 games when you look at who each team has beat and where the wins have come. That was my only argument.

18 minutes ago, Walter said:

I think you took my post the wrong way. 

I wasn't arguing one way or the other for which team was better. I was disagreeing that Kentucky has a better body of work than Notre Dame and pointing out that they are both 6-1 and Notre Dame has done it against a tougher schedule. The numbers support that. It isn't just an opinion. 

UK's two worst opponents are Chattanooga and UL Monroe.

Notre Dame's two worst opponents are Toledo and either Florida State or Virginia Tech...big difference in competition there. 

Missouri and South Carolina are probably next on the list for worst teams on UK's schedule. Neither of those teams are good and I don't see how anyone can argue against that.

Notre Dame's next two would be Virginia Tech and USC... Both teams are struggling but have wins against other P5 teams. South Carolina's best win is either East Carolina or Vandy, while Missouri's is North Texas or Central Michigan. 

Kentucky's two best wins are at home against Florida and a depleted LSU team who ended up beating Florida the following week without several of the same players missing against UK. 

Notre Dame has beaten Purdue ( who owns an out of conference win over Oregon State as well as a road win over #2 in the country at the time) and Wisconsin on a neutral field. 

None of that means Notre Dame is better than Kentucky, but Kentucky doesn't have a better body of work through 7 games when you look at who each team has beat and where the wins have come. That was my only argument.

I would love to see UK and Notre Dame play in a bowl game. 

5 hours ago, theguru said:

I would love to see UK and Notre Dame play in a bowl game. 

Same. Think it would be a really good game that would draw a huge crowd and a lot of interest. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.