Your Top 4 for the CFP (11/23/21)

Jumper_Dad

8 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Except where I said unless they change the defense which I honestly didn’t think Day would fire/demote a guy after 1 game lol.  How long did Stoops hold onto your man Gran, let your Fields vs Fromm go, Fromm is looking good on the practice squad!

The fact your OSU hate has resurfaced tells me we’re on the right track, but let’s slow down though, OSU has a lot to prove still, Indiana isn’t good.  I don’t know how they were beating UC in the 4th quarter at one point.

I watched just a little of the OSU - Indiana game. Wasn't the QB different in the OSU game versus when IU played UC? What happened to IU's QB?

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I watched just a little of the OSU - Indiana game. Wasn't the QB different in the OSU game versus when IU played UC? What happened to IU's QB?

Yes Penix played that game.  He’s now hurt again he wasn’t the same guy this year.  I believe he had 3 INT’s vs. UC.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Except where I said unless they change the defense which I honestly didn’t think Day would fire/demote a guy after 1 game lol.  How long did Stoops hold onto your man Gran, let your Fields vs Fromm go, Fromm is looking good on the practice squad!

The fact your OSU hate has resurfaced tells me we’re on the right track, but let’s slow down though, OSU has a lot to prove still, Indiana isn’t good.  I don’t know how they were beating UC in the 4th quarter at one point.

It’s ok to admit you were wrong. I get it, in this case be happy you were wrong. 😉

16 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Yes Penix played that game.  He’s now hurt again he wasn’t the same guy this year.  I believe he had 3 INT’s vs. UC.

No DJ Matthews either... OSU wins last night by 4 TD's regardless but they definitely saw a different IU team compared to what UC saw in Bloomington. 

15 minutes ago, Walter said:

No DJ Matthews either... OSU wins last night by 4 TD's regardless but they definitely saw a different IU team compared to what UC saw in Bloomington. 

Yes, I think Indiana is in full collapse mode.  They need to let the freshman QB play and learn on the job he’s the future.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

It’s ok to admit you were wrong. I get it, in this case be happy you were wrong. 😉

I was wrong about saying OSU had no chance unless they changed their defense.  It’s nice to see teams not scoring on the same running play 3 times in a row, it’s nice not seeing our middle linebacker trying to cover Devonta Smith, it’s odd how our D is better after Coombs got demoted/fired.

I still think the D has a lot to prove with multiple top 5 to 15 team upcoming.  It’s hard/rare to fix problems mid-season unless the problem was extremely bad.  It usually takes an off-season to fix.

53 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I think it's evident that the AP still views a loss as a negative.  Oklahoma just doesn't have one yet. 

I’m hoping someone can get them.

They’re the most underwhelming of the 4 IMO. 

1 minute ago, hrcarrier said:

The ranking gods were in the favor of UC, still #2 in the AP. I’m happy for them, Alabama goes to #3 and Oklahoma is #4.

Staying at #2 is huge for UC. They’ve got a little breathing room now. 

Georgia, Bama, UC and the winner of the Big 10 would be a really entertaining playoff for me.

I don’t see UC having a realistic chance of staying at #2 even if they win out. They’ll likely get obliterated by Georgia or Bama in the playoffs but I still want to see them get a shot. 

Does Alabama at 3 mean they have to win out or hope for a Oklahoma loss?

If they play Georgia close in the SEC championship will a 2 loss SEC team get in ?

Either way, I feel like the conference championship games are going to be as important as ever this year.

• Like 1