Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Top 4 for the CFP (11/23/21)

Featured Replies

36 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Not sure they get one this week either.  Penn State is overrated at the moment. 

Sparty and Michigan gives OSU a path to the playoffs.  I’m hoping UC can take Oklahoma’s spot in the end.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    I honestly think the only lock is Georgia at this very moment.

  • Forde is a clown that writes solely for shock value.

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

Does Alabama at 3 mean they have to win out or hope for a Oklahoma loss?

If they play Georgia close in the SEC championship will a 2 loss SEC team get in ?

Either way, I feel like the conference championship games are going to be as important as ever this year.

Alabama is only getting in if they run the table and beat UGA in the SEC championship, IMO. 

I don't see them getting in with 2 losses unless there's multiple 2 loss conference champs and Cincinnati has a loss. 

I'm curious to see what happens with the ACC. If Wake goes undefeated would they jump some of these other one loss conference champions? What about a 1 loss Pitt that wins the ACC? 

Also, if Oregon and Ohio State are both 12-1 conference champions, who gets in?

1 minute ago, Walter said:

Alabama is only getting in if they run the table and beat UGA in the SEC championship, IMO. 

I don't see them getting in with 2 losses unless there's multiple 2 loss conference champs and Cincinnati has a loss. 

I'm curious to see what happens with the ACC. If Wake goes undefeated would they jump some of these other one loss conference champions? What about a 1 loss Pitt that wins the ACC? 

Also, if Oregon and Ohio State are both 12-1 conference champions, who gets in?

Most years we’ve argued over the 4th team in. There’s heavy debate on 2,3 and 4 this year.

I like it.

13 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

Does Alabama at 3 mean they have to win out or hope for a Oklahoma loss?

If they play Georgia close in the SEC championship will a 2 loss SEC team get in ?

Either way, I feel like the conference championship games are going to be as important as ever this year.

I don’t think a two loss SEC team will make it and they shouldn’t. If Oklahoma wins out, I think they would make it in over Alabama probably. What’s going to be most interesting will be seeing how the B1G shakes out. If Alabama and Georgia play each other in SEC championship, I seriously doubt the loser advances in the playoff. I know I’m looking ahead, but I think there’s a good chance of an Iron Bowl upset with Auburn winning.

52 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

OSU still doesn’t have a signature win.

Could it be argued they might not have one until the final week of the regular season? 

Crazy to think OSU fans might actually be pulling for Michigan to remain undefeated. 

 

How every team in the top 25 was ranked by the AP voters this week:

 

20211024_160957.jpg

8 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

I don’t think a two loss SEC team will make it and they shouldn’t. If Oklahoma wins out, I think they would make it in over Alabama probably. What’s going to be most interesting will be seeing how the B1G shakes out. If Alabama and Georgia play each other in SEC championship, I seriously doubt the loser advances in the playoff. I know I’m looking ahead, but I think there’s a good chance of an Iron Bowl upset with Auburn winning.

I could see both getting in if Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship.

I agree, no way a 2 loss team deserves to get in over an undefeated Oklahoma or Wake Forest team.

Speaking of Wake, the ACC is down but is no one considering a possible spot for them ?

Would the committee put in a 2 loss Alabama team over a 1 loss Michigan or Oklahoma?

Alabama losing really threw a huge wrench in all this. They’re well respected by the committee and rightfully so. I personally hope they lose another one and eliminate themselves.

I’ll take a stab at it.

1.Georgia

2.OSU

3.UC

4.Oklahoma 

 

 

46 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

Staying at #2 is huge for UC. They’ve got a little breathing room now. 

Georgia, Bama, UC and the winner of the Big 10 would be a really entertaining playoff for me.

I don’t see UC having a realistic chance of staying at #2 even if they win out. They’ll likely get obliterated by Georgia or Bama in the playoffs but I still want to see them get a shot. 

Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

17 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

After watching all season, this is where I am as of this moment.

1. Georgia 

2.T Alabama 

2.T Ohio State

4. Cincinnati just because no one else has stepped up to unseat them.

Michigan has to win something before I'm sold on them.

I think OSU is a lock to get in, barring an unthinkable loss from here on. 

Alabama "Should" win out but I expect Auburn to give them a game. Then they still have to beat UGA to get in...which I'm not sure they can.

UC needs to run it up on everyone and honestly hope Michigan and Oklahoma lose.

Oklahoma hasn't done anything to warrant getting in, but if they win out the committee will wrongly overlook their struggles. 

Pitt? Can they win out and knock on the door?

Oklahoma was very lucky to be Tulane.  UC can gain some on them by beating them bad.  One of the few common opponents they can produce with the teams they are competing with.

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

While this is not supposed to come up, committee members are human and very easily remember UC controlled the majority of the game.  I have been thinking that Bowl game can help UC unofficially.

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

I remember. It was a great game. They also narrowly escaped a 1 win Navy team yesterday…

Same year different seasons though. The rosters may be similar to last seasons but Georgia seems to have something special going.

They’ve dominated some really good teams this year. UC beat Norte Dame…

When I don’t have a team to pull for, I love seeing David take down Goliath. I’d be all for UC upsetting one of the big boys. 

15 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

I could see both getting in if Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship.

I agree, no way a 2 loss team deserves to get in over an undefeated Oklahoma or Wake Forest team.

Speaking of Wake, the ACC is down but is no one considering a possible spot for them ?

Would the committee put in a 2 loss Alabama team over a 1 loss Michigan or Oklahoma?

Alabama losing really threw a huge wrench in all this. They’re well respected by the committee and rightfully so. I personally hope they lose another one and eliminate themselves.

I’ll take a stab at it.

1.Georgia

2.OSU

3.UC

4.Oklahoma 

 

 

There’s a very good chance of the top four ending up that way. IMO, Wake Forest ends up losing 1-2, maybe 3. I think Pitt is probably the best in the ACC now IMO.

4 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I was wrong about saying OSU had no chance unless they changed their defense.  It’s nice to see teams not scoring on the same running play 3 times in a row, it’s nice not seeing our middle linebacker trying to cover Devonta Smith, it’s odd how our D is better after Coombs got demoted/fired.

I still think the D has a lot to prove with multiple top 5 to 15 team upcoming.  It’s hard/rare to fix problems mid-season unless the problem was extremely bad.  It usually takes an off-season to fix.

Not true. You even were willing to make a bet that they were definitely eliminated. One day you will realize it is ok to admit you were wrong. I have done that before in some of our previous disagreements. Which you were wrong on this, but keep trying to change the story lol. 
 

Congrats on your buckeyes though, they truly have looked great the last few weeks. I may not like them, but they are fun to watch with what they do offensively. 

33 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

Didn’t Georgia have a lot of guys not play in that bowl game? 
 

With that said I think Georgia would win again, but UC would play them tough again for sure. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

You think it would be a 3 point game if they played next week?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.