Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Top 4 for the CFP (11/23/21)

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Looking forward, 

OU has to go to Baylor and OK State, I see them losing at least one of them...they'll be out.

Michigan has Sparty and PSU on the road and OSU at home. I expect two losses between now and the end...they'll be out.

Sparty has two ranked opponents at home and one on the road. One loss will knock them out of B1G title game and out of CFP...they'll be out.

Alabama has to beat UGA, but first they have to get there. Ranked Auburn teams have been Saban's kryptonite, that game is at Auburn. This just doesn't feel like Bama's year. They won't beat Auburn and UGA...they will be out with 2 losses.

Not today, but looking forward I think it will be UGA, OSU, UC, and Oregon (squeaking in). 

In this scenario. A one lost UK team from the SEC could potentially have a shot to be that team that sneaks in if Oregon also slips up somewhere. 

  • Replies 94
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    I honestly think the only lock is Georgia at this very moment.

  • Forde is a clown that writes solely for shock value.

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Georgia and UC played this year and it took two 4th quarter TD's for Georgia to get the come from behind 24-21 win.

Posted Images

  • Author
2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

In this scenario. A one lost UK team from the SEC could potentially have a shot to be that team that sneaks in if Oregon also slips up somewhere. 

It would take a crazy amount of carnage for UK to get in the discussion. ? 

12 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

It would take a crazy amount of carnage for UK to get in the discussion. ? 

No doubt. However a one lost SEC team, that only lost being on the road to the number 1 team in the country. Definitely would get them in the conversation then with other 1 lost teams. Especially if Bama ends up with 2 losses. 

11 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

There is such a big gap between Georgia/Ohio State/Bama and everyone else. I think Oklahoma and UC are clearly the best of the rest. But both lose to any of the top 3 schools by a minimum of 17 points. I really just want to get another shot at Oregon. 
 

What I want to see happen: Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and Cincy. 
 

I worry for UC though because I still need to see it to believe it before I think they get in over a 1 loss P5 Champ or even a 1 loss non conference champ. Let’s say Mich State or Michigan only have 1 loss to Ohio State. I don’t think it’s crazy to say that they would get in over UC. We already know that if Bama knocks over UGA that they are both getting in. I think that could happen in the B1G as well and it would be at the expense of UC. 

I think at this time there is a big gap between Georgia and the rest. While I agree that Bama and OSU are two of the top 4 teams in the country. I don’t think there is a big gap as you say between them two and others. As evident by how Bama lost to Texas A&M and even struggled with Tennessee for awhile. While OSU is definitely much improved from earlier this year. Let’s not forget Oregon beat them without even having their best player and someone else too I believe. OSU since that game has looked great, but also haven’t really played anyone yet. Which they will get to soon, which I think they will win, but it may not be by such a big margin to act like there is a big gap there. 
 

I do think they stomp Penn State though, because Penn State has been overrated all year IMO and that showed the other day. 

 

12 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Yeah after the first score, they definitely probably got their attention. Now for two weeks or whatever it was for practice leading into it. I would bet the focus and motivation for UC players was much higher. Which is normal, UC was actually playing to prove something on a National stage, unlike Georgia going into the game. 

Kirby Smart wouldn't let players who opted out or were injured to travel with team or attend practices because he didn't want any distractions leading up to the game. 

I can promise you Georgia was playing with just as much motivation as UC and were playing the entire game with something to prove. It's a lame excuse to say a team lost or had a close game because they weren't motivated.

The Texas loss in the Sugar Bowl in 2019 changed how Kirby and his team prepared the next two years leading up to bowl games. That was something he talked about multiple times during pressers leading up to the UC game.

5 minutes ago, Walter said:

Kirby Smart wouldn't let players who opted out or were injured to travel with team or attend practices because he didn't want any distractions leading up to the game. 

I can promise you Georgia was playing with just as much motivation as UC and were playing the entire game with something to prove. It's a lame excuse to say a team lost or had a close game because they weren't motivated.

The Texas loss in the Sugar Bowl in 2019 changed how Kirby and his team prepared the next two years leading up to bowl games. That was something he talked about multiple times during pressers leading up to the UC game.

I'm a big Fickell guy and as a result a big UC guy. With that said, it doesn't matter how much Georgia was playing to prove something the fact is they still weren't at full strength. They had players opt out, etc, so while I hate excuses it is definitely still worth mentioning. 

52 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I'm a big Fickell guy and as a result a big UC guy. With that said, it doesn't matter how much Georgia was playing to prove something the fact is they still weren't at full strength. They had players opt out, etc, so while I hate excuses it is definitely still worth mentioning. 

And UC wasn't at full strength either, so what's your point?

From what I could find, Georgia was missing two starting OL (Hill, Cleveland),a starting LB (Rice),and a starting DB (Stokes) against UC. The other guys who opted out or were injured were a back up CB, back up RB, and back up tight end. 

UC played without two All American DB's (Wiggins, Sauce Gardner), a starting DL (Malik Vann), a starting RB (Doaks), a starting Center (Freshman All American Jake Renfro) , and lost their All Conference starting LT James Hudson before halftime. 

You can't say the game was close because Georgia was missing 4 starters but not acknowledge that UC was without 5 starters and lost a 6th before halftime. 

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

And UC wasn't at full strength either, so what's your point?

From what I could find, Georgia was missing two starting OL (Hill, Cleveland),a starting LB (Rice),and a starting DB (Stokes) against UC. The other guys who opted out or were injured were a back up CB, back up RB, and back up tight end. 

UC played without two All American DB's (Wiggins, Sauce Gardner), a starting DL (Malik Vann), a starting RB (Doaks), a starting Center (Freshman All American Jake Renfro) , and lost their All Conference starting LT James Hudson before halftime. 

You can't say the game was close because Georgia was missing 4 starters but not acknowledge that UC was without 5 starters and lost a 6th before halftime.

No, but you can acknowledge that no matter how much Kirby cares about the bowl game there were players that weren't bought in to the same extent they would be in the playoffs. Those Georgia kids went to Georgia expecting to play in a National Championship. The UC players (at the time most were recruited) went to hope to get to show their worth against a top dog on the national stage. 

Huge difference in mindset no matter how it shakes out. Again, I'm not one for excuses, but you can't simply act as if the above isn't the case. 

On a side note, I value the research you did. I legitimately did not realize that UC was missing that may players.

24 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

No, but you can acknowledge that no matter how much Kirby cares about the bowl game there were players that weren't bought in to the same extent they would be in the playoffs. Those Georgia kids went to Georgia expecting to play in a National Championship. The UC players (at the time most were recruited) went to hope to get to show their worth against a top dog on the national stage. 

Huge difference in mindset no matter how it shakes out. Again, I'm not one for excuses, but you can't simply act as if the above isn't the case. 

On a side note, I value the research you did. I legitimately did not realize that UC was missing that may players.

Nobody knows the mindset of either team and how bought in the players involved in that game are, except for those players on the field. What we think is simply an opinion with no facts to back it up. 

Re watch the Georgia post game and the celebration when that 53 yard FG went through the uprights with 3 seconds left. That team celebrated as if they had just won a championship. The win meant something to them. 

I'd also disagree with the UC players being recruited in hopes to show their worth against a bigger opponent. The majority of the kids on that roster had options to play in bigger conferences. Fickell recruited those kids to win championships and that is instilled from day one. You get what you work for and that is a big pitch of Fickell and his staff when they are recruiting a kid.

Hopefully we get a UC-Georgia re match with both teams at full strength to settle the debate. 

 

10 minutes ago, Walter said:

Nobody knows the mindset of either team and how bought in the players involved in that game are, except for those players on the field. What we think is simply an opinion with no facts to back it up. 

Re watch the Georgia post game and the celebration when that 53 yard FG went through the uprights with 3 seconds left. That team celebrated as if they had just won a championship. The win meant something to them. 

I'd also disagree with the UC players being recruited in hopes to show their worth against a bigger opponent. The majority of the kids on that roster had options to play in bigger conferences. Fickell recruited those kids to win championships and that is instilled from day one. You get what you work for and that is a big pitch of Fickell and his staff when they are recruiting a kid.

Hopefully we get a UC-Georgia re match with both teams at full strength to settle the debate. 

 

I agree, and for what it's worth I think UC has what it takes to go toe to toe with them. 

I won't hang my hat on the celebration after a last minute FG to win a game though. I've seen top 10 teams scrape by unranked teams late that had no business in the ball game followed by champ-like celebration and field storming lol. 

  • Author
2 hours ago, Walter said:

 

Good Point!

OSU is a media darling though, for better or worse. If it was reversed and OSU had beaten the Ducks in Eugene then lost to a decent team on the road in OT, there is zero chance Oregon would get past OSU in the polls.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Good Point!

OSU is a media darling though, for better or worse. If it was reversed and OSU had beaten the Ducks in Eugene then lost to a decent team on the road in OT, there is zero chance Oregon would get past OSU in the polls.

Well there is the $$$ aspect.  Not many will deny that it's a factor.  I think the bigger factor are the top 3 recruiting classes that Day has gotten.  That gets the attention of the voters and committee when choosing A or B.  

  • Author
1 hour ago, REALSPORT said:

Well there is the $$$ aspect.  Not many will deny that it's a factor.  I think the bigger factor are the top 3 recruiting classes that Day has gotten.  That gets the attention of the voters and committee when choosing A or B.  

I honestly don't think money is as big a factor as most do. The CFP tickets are going to sell, regardless of who is playing. Ads are already sold and TV contracts have been done for years.

Ohio State is just a Brand Name that voters will always defer to and give the nod to.

I'm not saying they don't belong, their offense is maybe the most potent in the nation this year.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:36 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

So where do you stand if you had to decide today and the playoffs started next week?

Georgia, Alabama, The Ohio State ( sorry, couldn't help myself) and I want to say UC.....but the committee ain't letting that happen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.