Next Head Coach at LSU?

Walter

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

Told you all this was coming after the UK loss, I didn’t think it would happen so quickly.

LSU is an incredible job, Stoops will be in the pool.  I wonder if my man Jeff Hafley has the attention yet?

Was easy to see this coming and it's playing out about as expected.  They're not firing him during the season but letting everyone know that the job search is well under way. 

49 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

There is nothing he can do at LSU that he can't do where he is now. It would make zero sense to make a lateral move from A&M to LSU.

Maybe. I think LSU is a better job because you get first dibs on in-state talent and there’s a ton of it in Louisiana. A&M’s advantage of being in the SEC is about to go away with Texas moving in. Fisher is a winner either way, but based on his history at LSU, I could see him (and wouldn’t fault him) making the move. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Why is she so tied Cincinnati, is that her hometown?

Does this mean Fickell is at UC until he retires or gets fired?

This is where I’m at.

UC fans seem to believe that Fick will only leave for OSU. Even with the recent success, UC isn’t a great job simply based on conference affiliation.

If any SEC job opens up, he’ll consider it. He’d consider any high profile job.

I’d wager he’ll move on to greener pastures in the next year or two. It doesn’t matter what his wife thinks. He can make more money at a school that expects to be in the playoffs vs. one who has to beg to be included. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

There is nothing he can do at LSU that he can't do where he is now. It would make zero sense to make a lateral move from A&M to LSU.

Despite the mess at FSU - which he had a hand in - there was nothing he could do at A&M that he couldn't do at FSU (and in fact, did).  Didn't stop him from going. 

LSU has three titles in this century - it's been near a century (82 years) since A&M's last.

24 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

This is where I’m at.

UC fans seem to believe that Fick will only leave for OSU. Even with the recent success, UC isn’t a great job simply based on conference affiliation.

If any SEC job opens up, he’ll consider it. He’d consider any high profile job.

I’d wager he’ll move on to greener pastures in the next year or two. It doesn’t matter what his wife thinks. He can make more money at a school that expects to be in the playoffs vs. one who has to beg to be included. 

UC fans have a slightly delusional opinion of where Fick may or may not go. I get it. I felt the same way about Charlie Strong at Louisville (and really any coach at Louisville tbh). 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Will Muschamp...just so someone else out there goes through the same misery I did.

Haha. I’ve always said they should make a 30 for 30 on Muschamp coaching the 2012 UF team to 11 wins. Defies all logic. 

1 hour ago, MBWC41 said:

Cincinnati becomes a much better job once they join the Big 12 just because you're almost assured a playoff berth if you win the league (assuming it expands). However, I don't believe Cincinnati, either as an American or Big 12 member, will have access to be able to pay the type of money an SEC/Big Ten school would pay.

• Like 2