Covington Catholic 8 Highlands 7

14 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

These are high school refs not making 6 figures like NFL. They probably don’t care too much about a few botched calls. They probably just wanted to see a team score. It was the most boring game ever. 

What a cheap shot that is.....to the players and the officials. Those guys attend training sessions, work lower level games, and give it their best shot. Trust me the money is secondary to the love of the game on the HS level.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

I haven't re-watched, but the Highlands kick team was late getting on the field and had to rush the snap.

Yes there was only 2 seconds on the time clock and no time outs left.  Mismanaged that situation and the kicker had not taken all his steps when the ball was snapped.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

I was at the wrong end zone and couldn’t tell, but was the kick low or did CovCath blow up the line on the fg?

I'm not exactly sure, but it definitely looked like Cov Cath had a solid rush on the kicker. The broadcast switched from the closeup camera to the wide angle with the game score blocking the play at the exact moment the kick was happening/blocked.

Still a very, very well run broadcast by the students over at Highlands.

• Like 1

Just now, cincyswords said:

Yes there was only 2 seconds on the time clock and no time outs left.  Mismanaged that situation and the kicker has not taken all his steps when the ball was snapped.  

Agree with all that. Clock mismanagement on both sidelines tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm not exactly sure, but it definitely looked like Cov Cath had a solid rush on the kicker. The broadcast switched from the closeup camera to the wide angle with the game score blocking the play at the exact moment the kick was happening/blocked.

I agree.  My only minor complaints would be all the fancy switching of cameras and the graphic is too big/tall at the bottom of the screen.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I wish more schools would do this.   I understand places wanting to be "professional" about things, but school is a place to learn.  Why not do what Highlands does and let the kids try their hand at this.  There are bound to be a few that find it to be their passion.

• Like 6