Covington Catholic 8 Highlands 7

38 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Well take it from the person that was there “live”, it was rushed.  Kicker was anxious because he saw the play clock winding down to zero.  Taking the penalty would have allowed them to take a breath and get their composure so that everyone did their assignment.

Watch the video tomorrow and tell me what you see that says the block happened because they were rushing to get the play off. 

3 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

CCH has got to go back to Holtz at QB. I’ll take the bubble screens I like to complain about over what I saw tonight any day of the week. With a passing game CCH is a much better team….. just awful offense tonight. Both teams deserved the L tonight. 

Yeah. Should have stuck with Holtz at QB. Beat Dixie comfortably who is a team that's better than their record indicates. Would have beat Cooper by a bigger margin and wouldve helped tonight. However , CCH deserved the W tonight. They are a talented team but the problem is they dont have an identity. Sometimes rivalry games are like that. Colonels showed grit tonight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Also curious about the offsides call that allowed for the 2 point conversion.  Anyone at that end know if it was a good call or not?  The official that made the call was the white hat the night of the Dixie game.

I was in the end zone there, it was a call that I believe could have gone either way, false start or offside.  Hard to tell live who moved first.  That’s one where whichever official is more vocal made the call.  Initially I believe they signaled false start, then huddled and changed it.  The highlands sideline was not happy.

9 hours ago, The Raven said:

I wish more schools would do this.   I understand places wanting to be "professional" about things, but school is a place to learn.  Why not do what Highlands does and let the kids try their hand at this.  There are bound to be a few that find it to be their passion.

Not all school districts have the MONEY, facilities, nor staff to offer those types of programs. Great idea......but difficult to pull off. Maybe a community volunteer effort and private funding could help that happen!

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

Not all school districts have the MONEY, facilities, nor staff to offer those types of programs. Great idea......but difficult to pull off. Maybe a community volunteer effort and private funding could help that happen!

You don’t need state of the art equipment. You could probably do it with iPhones alone. People just want to see the game. 

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Watch the video tomorrow and tell me what you see that says the block happened because they were rushing to get the play off. 

You are not understanding what I am saying.  The block occurred because of very poor technique by the left guard.  The snap came as the play clock was going to 0.  The “rushing” of the attempt falls on the coaches being indecisive and then there being some question of whether or not there were 11 guys on the field.  Again, I was there and am very clear in what I saw and what I feel was an issue even before the attempt.  I will even go so far as to say that if Highlands had a timeout there they would have used it because of the confusion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

You are not understanding what I am saying.  The block occurred because of very poor technique by the left guard.  The snap came as the play clock was going to 0.  The “rushing” of the attempt falls on the coaches being indecisive and then there being some question of whether or not there were 11 guys on the field.  Again, I was there and am very clear in what I saw and what I feel was an issue even before the attempt.  I will even go so far as to say that if Highlands had a timeout there they would have used it because of the confusion.

Agree completely with assessment.  That is how I saw it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

@futurecoach and I definitely disagree with that. Especially after the Bluebird Mafia said no way in the world could Coach Borchers handle the job in Ft. Thomas. 

Was this referring to Cooper's Coach Borchers?  Did he apply for the head coach position? If so, when? I had not heard this before.  What happened?  I would think he would've been a good candidate. 

47 minutes ago, ArticIce#53 said:

Was this referring to Cooper's Coach Borchers?  Did he apply for the head coach position? If so, when? I had not heard this before.  What happened?  I would think he would've been a good candidate. 

He did not apply for the head coaching position and I will leave it at that.