Covington Catholic 8 Highlands 7

6 hours ago, ArticIce#53 said:

Was this referring to Cooper's Coach Borchers?  Did he apply for the head coach position? If so, when? I had not heard this before.  What happened?  I would think he would've been a good candidate. 

He did not apply.  He was offered the AD job months earlier & turned it down.  He absolutely could have handled both jobs, but he didn’t want either. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 9068 said:

Yeah.....and he has been the referee in a National Championship FCS game.

5 hours ago, theguru said:

Yeah, and currently the supervisor of Officials in both the OVC and the Atlantic Sun Conference. 

None of that means he didn't blow the call. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird99 said:

He did not apply.  He was offered the AD job months earlier & turned it down.  He absolutely could have handled both jobs, but he didn’t want either. 

In last year's game thread, there were many Bird posters quite adamant that Borchers couldn't handle the job in Ft. Thomas and the Birds would find a much better coach.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

In last year's game thread, there were many Bird posters quite adamant that Borchers couldn't handle the job in Ft. Thomas and the Birds would find a much better coach.

I believe Highlands does have their coach. Everyone is seeing how broke the system was. It takes time. Like I said in the past post, maybe couple years to clean up the mess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluebird99 said:

He obviously wanted the AD job or he would not have applied, interviewed, accepted and then turned it down.  Also heard one of the reasons why he turned down, but not going down that path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

I believe Highlands does have their coach. Everyone is seeing how broke the system was. It takes time. Like I said in the past post, maybe couple years to clean up the mess. 

I am not quite sold yet, but is better than where it was.  Losing seasons are not good for Highlands football no matter who the coach is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

He obviously wanted the AD job or he would not have applied, interviewed, accepted and then turned it down.  Also heard one of the reasons why he turned down, but not going down that path.

Didn't know all this but he is doing a good job at Cooper this year so I guess it worked out.

13 hours ago, 9068 said:

Not all school districts have the MONEY, facilities, nor staff to offer those types of programs. Great idea......but difficult to pull off. Maybe a community volunteer effort and private funding could help that happen!

No doubt it is expensive and difficult to pull off.  Even buying used equipment from a production company or news station is not cheap.  Would be nice if the local broadcast entities would get behind such an effort and donate older equipment.  The productions will never be SNF, but as long as everyone has fun and learns a little something along the way, everyone should get behind that.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, CCHFC said:

Is Garrett Benke no longer on the team? I thought he was our best receiver and I haven’t seen him out there at all the last few games. To say Highlands did not respect our passing game is putting it mildly. 

Only played in 2 games according to the stat sheets.  Looked on KHSAA and seems like he had about 20 catches in 2 years.  

4 hours ago, YOUTH2019 said:

Only played in 2 games according to the stat sheets.  Looked on KHSAA and seems like he had about 20 catches in 2 years.  

Right he didn’t ever have a ton of production but I still thought he was really good. Production at WR is very dependent on other factors so I don’t factor that in too much. 6’1/6’2 with really good movement skills and physicality. Campbell is getting a good one. 

You can make the case that the best athlete in the class the last 3 years is no longer on the team. You want to know why the offense is struggling relative to past years? It’s not hard to see why. 

On 10/16/2021 at 3:59 AM, ColonelGator said:

Yeah. Should have stuck with Holtz at QB. Beat Dixie comfortably who is a team that's better than their record indicates. Would have beat Cooper by a bigger margin and wouldve helped tonight. However , CCH deserved the W tonight. They are a talented team but the problem is they dont have an identity. Sometimes rivalry games are like that. Colonels showed grit tonight.

Really? I couldn’t disagree more. I’m not letting one bad half change my opinion that Pitzer is the better player. He’s a much better thrower and we somehow don’t lose anything in the QB run game despite Holtz being a much better athlete. 

• Like 2