#7 Cincinnati at #9 Notre Dame Predictions/Updates

Walter

Irish or Bearcats  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Top 10 match up in South Bend Saturday.

So many storylines leading up to kickoff.

Notre Dame has former UC coaches Brian Kelly, Marcus Freeman, and Mike Mickens.

UC has former Notre Dame OC Mike Denbrock and WR Michael Young Jr.

Game kicks off at 2:30 on NBC. 

Who wins and why?

• Thanks 1

I’m a Notre Dame fan, but their o line is struggling this year. Plus the starting QB got injured last game, and honestly the offense hasn’t looked to great all year anyways. So I think UC defense should do a great job in this game. It honestly will come down to Marcus Freeman’s defense against UC’s offense. 

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I’m a Notre Dame fan, but their o line is struggling this year. Plus the starting QB got injured last game, and honestly the offense hasn’t looked to great all year anyways. So I think UC defense should do a great job in this game. It honestly will come down to Marcus Freeman’s defense against UC’s offense. 

Kelly said he expects all three QB's to be ready and available Saturday. We'll see if Coan actually plays though. 

I think the Bearcats are a better team and have more experience/talent across the board. Whether that translates to a W or not, we'll see.

I know the defense has been waiting for this matchup since the day Freeman said he was leaving for South Bend. I expect them to play well and come out with a lot of passion. 

12 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

The biggest game of Luke Fickell’s career.  Very well could be a playoff play-in game.

What are your thoughts on it? My biggest concern is Freeman on the other side. I think having a DC familiar with the opposition is a bigger advantage than an OC with the same advantage.

27 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

What are your thoughts on it? My biggest concern is Freeman on the other side. I think having a DC familiar with the opposition is a bigger advantage than an OC with the same advantage.

I’m slacking this year in terms of watching games.  My schedule has really only allowed me to watch OSU.

I think UC and ND are both suspect.  Which offense can score and not turn it over?  I love Marcus Freeman but it was Luke’s defense and always will be.  I think this could be a great game.  

• Like 1

I feel like the D took a big step forward for the Irish on Saturday, and for that matter, the previous week against Purdue.  Also, even though the ND crowd is usually not that great, in my opinion, 26 straight home wins is pretty substantial, and should count for something. 

I very much wish this was a night game.  At the start of the year, USC and UNC also looked to be potential big matchups, so they got the nod on the night game, but obviously, this is now the marquee home game of the year.

As has been mentioned, the OL is embarrassingly bad at this point, and by far the weakness on this team.  Ironic, since they've typically been so strong there.  On the flipside, this is one of the best D-lines Notre Dame has had in a long, long time.

It's going to be a lot of fun to watch!