Oregon 35 Ohio State 28

theguru

27 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

DC Kerry Coombs said he is comfortable with Ohio State’s defensive scheme, but said “ We have to do things differently.”

Someone help me with this?

I didn’t get to watch the entire game but I believe Oregon scored their first three touchdowns on basically the same play.

How can he be comfortable with that?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

DC Kerry Coombs said he is comfortable with Ohio State’s defensive scheme, but said “ We have to do things differently.”

That translates to "I better get this fixed in a hurry".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Buckeye fans want Marcus Freeman from ND and UC, who literally just moved his family to South Bend.  

And Notre Dame fans are already wanting Freeman out after two games because they "don't like his scheme"...smh. 

I personally think Marcus should have just waited one more year with what he would have brought back here and then taken the OSU job with Coombs most likely being in his last year as DC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I hope I'll be able to get over the devastation of this loss.

Can it twerp, or somebody will stick you back in the fridge.

As to the game itself...they always say "it's the Jimmys and Joes, not the X's and O's" that win you the games.  Well, then either the recruiting class "rankings" has been an outright lie...or there's an exception to the saying.  I'm definitely leaning to the latter.  Defense looked flat-footed and stagnant all game long.

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2021 at 6:32 PM, John Anthony said:

To me this screams of "It's not my fault it's the players."  I don't like this at all.  Maybe that was not his intent but if the scheme is good that leaves execution of said scheme.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cincyswords said:

To me this screams of "It's not my fault it's the players."  I don't like this at all.  Maybe that was not his intent but if the scheme is good that leaves execution of said scheme.  

In the off-season he made a comment that went over looked, when OSU brought in a few off field defensive analyst, “I love it, I’m not really a tactician.”  

The comment is now resurfacing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Has to be the case given all the circumstances, don't ya think? 

Absolutely, I think he would fire him right now but you can’t find a new guy mid-season to install a new D, it doesn’t work that way.  I’m guessing it’s Larry Johnson’s time to shine.  I also think there’s real personnel issues as well.  If it’s LJ he has to find a way to bandaid the D the rest of the year.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 12:22 PM, ChickenWyngz said:

Has to be the case given all the circumstances, don't ya think? 

No shortage of rumors out there.  Latest I’ve heard is Matt Barnes will be calling the D, Coombs has been relieved.  I’ve heard Day wants another defensive coach brought onboard.  Either Paul Rhodes who’s in an analyst role, and he will move a guy who just got promoted from analyst to the field, back to an analyst.  Also rumors that day would bring in a Will Muschamp, or someone else for the remainder of the year. Wild times, Ryan Day is the exact opposite of Urban Meter, he’s cool and calm.  This week it felt like Meyer was back in the building.

19 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

No shortage of rumors out there.  Latest I’ve heard is Matt Barnes will be calling the D, Coombs has been relieved.  I’ve heard Day wants another defensive coach brought onboard.  Either Paul Rhodes who’s in an analyst role, and he will move a guy who just got promoted from analyst to the field, back to an analyst.  Also rumors that day would bring in a Will Muschamp, or someone else for the remainder of the year. Wild times, Ryan Day is the exact opposite of Urban Meter, he’s cool and calm.  This week it felt like Meyer was back in the building.

Who does OSU play this week?

7 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I'd take WIll Mischamp in the building/on the field! Day is no chump, but I'm always about having that kind of experience around. 

7 hours ago, theguru said:

Who does OSU play this week?

Tulsa

• Thanks 1