Holmes 38 Newport 8

allsport71

• theguru changed the title to Holmes 38 Newport 8
5 hours ago, cincyswords said:

I think he is saying teams underachieving with the current Newport head coach who used to be at Highlands.  I thought it was pretty easy to understand what he meant.

Are they really underachieving though? What was expected of Newport this year? What was expected of Newport if the starting QB wasn’t playing due to injury? It can only be underachieving if a lot was expected of Newport going into this year. Which unless I missed something,  I don’t think going into this year much was expected out of Newport even before ex coach left to go to Mason. Which part of the reason why he maybe left was because he even knew it may be a down year. So hard to call it underachieving, when I don’t think was expected to begin with even before the coaching change. 

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Are they really underachieving though? What was expected of Newport this year? What was expected of Newport if the starting QB wasn’t playing due to injury? It can only be underachieving if a lot was expected of Newport going into this year. Which unless I missed something,  I don’t think going into this year much was expected out of Newport even before ex coach left to go to Mason. Which part of the reason why he maybe left was because he even knew it may be a down year. So hard to call it underachieving, when I don’t think was expected to begin with even before the coaching change. 

Well, when the new coach came in it was said he would bring Newport “back”. I doubt the old coach left because the talent. They have some really good pieces. #2 I believe is his number and that kid is as dynamic as any player in NKY. Lightning in a bottle. Can’t get him the ball I assume. It’s not the players here. It’s the staff. Have to find ways to put the ball in playmakers hands and understand your kids. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buck2 said:

Well, when the new coach came in it was said he would bring Newport “back”. I doubt the old coach left because the talent. They have some really good pieces. #2 I believe is his number and that kid is as dynamic as any player in NKY. Lightning in a bottle. Can’t get him the ball I assume. It’s not the players here. It’s the staff. Have to find ways to put the ball in playmakers hands and understand your kids. 

Any time a new coach comes in that is what a new coach says. Which for a 2A school losing your QB does truly change everything, because usually the backup isn’t able to do all the things the starter could do. 

Is the starting QB suppose to come back soon?