Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 38 Newport 8

Featured Replies

Halftime at Tom Ellis Stadium in Covington, Holmes 24 Newport 0. Newport with 4 turn overs.

  • Author

Final from Covington, Holmes 38 Newport 8.

Ouch.  What is wrong with Newport?  I expected much better out of them this season and right now sitting at 0 - 3.  Did Ethan Jefferson QB tonight for the Wildcats?

Holmes is quietly one of the best teams nobody is paying attention too right now.

  • Author
53 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Ouch.  What is wrong with Newport?  I expected much better out of them this season and right now sitting at 0 - 3.  Did Ethan Jefferson QB tonight for the Wildcats?

I understand the starting QB did not play.

1 hour ago, allsport71 said:

I understand the starting QB did not play.

He suffered an injury last week didn't he?

7 hours ago, I gotta go to work said:

He suffered an injury last week didn't he?

2 weeks ago.  Was not sure if he was back.  He is very talented and that makes a huge difference in their offense.

I guess Newport fans are starting to realize what Highlands fans have felt like that last few years. 

11 hours ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

I guess Newport fans are starting to realize what Highlands fans have felt like that last few years. 

Care to explain what you’re getting at here?

17 hours ago, cincyswords said:

2 weeks ago.  Was not sure if he was back.  He is very talented and that makes a huge difference in their offense.

He did not play according to KHSAA stats. 

20 hours ago, Thunder44 said:

Care to explain what you’re getting at here?

I think he is saying teams underachieving with the current Newport head coach who used to be at Highlands.  I thought it was pretty easy to understand what he meant.

5 hours ago, cincyswords said:

I think he is saying teams underachieving with the current Newport head coach who used to be at Highlands.  I thought it was pretty easy to understand what he meant.

Are they really underachieving though? What was expected of Newport this year? What was expected of Newport if the starting QB wasn’t playing due to injury? It can only be underachieving if a lot was expected of Newport going into this year. Which unless I missed something,  I don’t think going into this year much was expected out of Newport even before ex coach left to go to Mason. Which part of the reason why he maybe left was because he even knew it may be a down year. So hard to call it underachieving, when I don’t think was expected to begin with even before the coaching change. 

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Are they really underachieving though? What was expected of Newport this year? What was expected of Newport if the starting QB wasn’t playing due to injury? It can only be underachieving if a lot was expected of Newport going into this year. Which unless I missed something,  I don’t think going into this year much was expected out of Newport even before ex coach left to go to Mason. Which part of the reason why he maybe left was because he even knew it may be a down year. So hard to call it underachieving, when I don’t think was expected to begin with even before the coaching change. 

Well, when the new coach came in it was said he would bring Newport “back”. I doubt the old coach left because the talent. They have some really good pieces. #2 I believe is his number and that kid is as dynamic as any player in NKY. Lightning in a bottle. Can’t get him the ball I assume. It’s not the players here. It’s the staff. Have to find ways to put the ball in playmakers hands and understand your kids. 

4 hours ago, Buck2 said:

Well, when the new coach came in it was said he would bring Newport “back”. I doubt the old coach left because the talent. They have some really good pieces. #2 I believe is his number and that kid is as dynamic as any player in NKY. Lightning in a bottle. Can’t get him the ball I assume. It’s not the players here. It’s the staff. Have to find ways to put the ball in playmakers hands and understand your kids. 

Any time a new coach comes in that is what a new coach says. Which for a 2A school losing your QB does truly change everything, because usually the backup isn’t able to do all the things the starter could do. 
 

Is the starting QB suppose to come back soon?

On 9/11/2021 at 9:58 PM, Thunder44 said:

Care to explain what you’re getting at here?

No need to explain it. Its flat out obvious.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.