Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Bishop Sycamore (OH) Predictions/Updates (Canceled)

Who wins? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Johnson Central
      96%
    • Bishop Sycamore (OH)
      3%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/03/2021 at 11:30 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A few additional comments before I bow out:

Johnson Central is in a bad situation. I shrug a bit thinking they deserve a lot of the second guessing people are doing who are only finding out about this school for the first time themselves. Let's not forget, that as far as JC is concerned, Bishop Sycamore is real. They played them last year and actually had a competitive challenge. With the level of raw athleticism, size, and speed that Sycamore brings.. just simply put.. in terms of competition there probably isn't a better option on the table who would actually play them. 

With all that said... I still question the liability of playing this team and the original decision to engage in a contract. You have several "kids" who are college aged, an unsanctioned "school", and all of this being played in the current health crisis climate  just for a finishing garnish. On top of that.. this is a team who has routinely "no call, no showed" and it seems to be a really, really bad situation.

The sad, sad reality is even with this bad press Bishop Sycamore is receiving, I think you are going to see more and more schools/teams like these pop up. I have already seen an abundance of Prep Schools who aren't too different. IMG does it right, but IMG has indirectly created this faction of prep sports where they see a market where parents and athletes value exposure and working on their "trade" as athletics instead of academics. People pay 45,000+ in tuition to attend IMG because even as a second stinger they are picking up D-1 offers. With football becoming more and more like AAU basketball every year there are no shortage of people looking to make a dollar by exploiting this market.

What's crazy. Really crazy. I am warning you I am about to say something really crazy....

If Bishop Sycamore just was less sketchy in their execution.. I think their model is actually pretty innovative and ahead of the curve from a business standpoint.

"Pay me a sum of money. I will give you a chance to compete against State Champions and Elite Programs and get film against multiple major D-1 recruits. Instead of competing against Juniors and Sophomores in Junior College that JUCO's are recruiting and committing positions to, you can be the star. You can still apply and qualify as a Prep Student and not need to take college courses, in fact, we will do everything online so you can focus on playing football and qualifying. Additionally, I dont have to spend money on a brick and mortar building I have to upkeep." 

 

 

 

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • BestBackUpEver
    BestBackUpEver

    Hot Take/ Prediction: Bishop Sycamore stops in Louisville Thursday before the game and picks up all the ineligible Evangel Players and Coaches. DeMarcus Smith and Ace Wales play for Bishop Sycamore bu

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    ???

  • I actually dont take issue with ESPN there... basically every other IMG game usually ends up on one of their channels anyway. This was never about Bishop Sycamore... it was always about IMG. Wher

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ATLCat said:

A few additional comments before I bow out:

Johnson Central is in a bad situation. I shrug a bit thinking they deserve a lot of the second guessing people are doing who are only finding out about this school for the first time themselves. Let's not forget, that as far as JC is concerned, Bishop Sycamore is real. They played them last year and actually had a competitive challenge. With the level of raw athleticism, size, and speed that Sycamore brings.. just simply put.. in terms of competition there probably isn't a better option on the table who would actually play them. 

With all that said... I still question the liability of playing this team and the original decision to engage in a contract. You have several "kids" who are college aged, an unsanctioned "school", and all of this being played in the current health crisis climate  just for a finishing garnish. On top of that.. this is a team who has routinely "no call, no showed" and it seems to be a really, really bad situation.

The sad, sad reality is even with this bad press Bishop Sycamore is receiving, I think you are going to see more and more schools/teams like these pop up. I have already seen an abundance of Prep Schools who aren't too different. IMG does it right, but IMG has indirectly created this faction of prep sports where they see a market where parents and athletes value exposure and working on their "trade" as athletics instead of academics. People pay 45,000+ in tuition to attend IMG because even as a second stinger they are picking up D-1 offers. With football becoming more and more like AAU basketball every year there are no shortage of people looking to make a dollar by exploiting this market.

What's crazy. Really crazy. I am warning you I am about to say something really crazy....

If Bishop Sycamore just was less sketchy in their execution.. I think their model is actually pretty innovative and ahead of the curve from a business standpoint.

"Pay me a sum of money. I will give you a chance to compete against State Champions and Elite Programs and get film against multiple major D-1 recruits. Instead of competing against Juniors and Sophomores in Junior College that JUCO's are recruiting and committing positions to, you can be the star. You can still apply and qualify as a Prep Student and not need to take college courses, in fact, we will do everything online so you can focus on playing football and qualifying. Additionally, I dont have to spend money on a brick and mortar building I have to upkeep." 

 

 

 

You are spot on.  Johnson Central is in a tough spot.  At this point if they cancel I am sure they have a contract with Bishop Sycamore and would have to pay them something to get out of it.  It would be nice, with all this publicity, if the KHSAA would step in and say "OK Johnson Central this is what we want you to do."  But instead of being helpful I am guessing they are keeping quiet.  

 

Also, your theory of this being a model that could be copied is correct.  You could see this becoming very profitable with the right people running it.  

Hot Take/ Prediction: Bishop Sycamore stops in Louisville Thursday before the game and picks up all the ineligible Evangel Players and Coaches. DeMarcus Smith and Ace Wales play for Bishop Sycamore but its not enough to help a fake football team win

Johnson Wins 70-0

  • Author

DeMatha Catholic has pulled out of there game with Sycamore.

This Bishop Sycamore scam has me so intrigued. They duped everyone, the athletes especially deserve better.

Wow.   Article and Interview from former player.  First recruit ever and he played against Johnson Central in first year at age 15 and rest of team was 19/20 year olds.  

https://bit.ly/2UZohg7

 

Game from Friday they played in a showcase in PA. Before Sundays game.
 

 

 

LaVar-Ball.jpg

 

LaVar Ball just guaranteed victory saying he and his 3 sons would play for Bishop S. and they would win by 250 points.

 

BS 275, Johnson Central 25

It’s not even a real high school according to a local radio sports station here in Lexington just said the called the AD at Johnson Central this morning and he did not know they were just a bunch of 18, 19,& 20 year olds who just want to play football and said they were still trying to verify information this morning. I can’t believe you would schedule a game with out verifying a good bit of info first. I guess Covid has got people doing anything for a game. 

1 hour ago, Brcatz said:

Game from Friday they played in a showcase in PA. Before Sundays game.
 

 

 

They got Mean Machine Uniforms!!!!!

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

It’s not even a real high school according to a local radio sports station here in Lexington just said the called the AD at Johnson Central this morning and he did not know they were just a bunch of 18, 19,& 20 year olds who just want to play football and said they were still trying to verify information this morning. I can’t believe you would schedule a game with out verifying a good bit of info first. I guess Covid has got people doing anything for a game. 

Johnson Central played them in 2019 so I guess there is some history there.

Ohio governor just asked the state DOE to look into the school this afternoon.  I watched 1 quarter of the game Sunday and thought they weren’t worthy of playing in that game but didn’t realize they’d played Friday night too. 

Central played them in 2019. We have huge problems trying to find a ten game schedule. They were a real team then, and they played OHSAA teams. Thanks, ESPN.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.