Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Bishop Sycamore (OH) Predictions/Updates (Canceled)

Who wins? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Johnson Central
      96%
    • Bishop Sycamore (OH)
      3%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/03/2021 at 11:30 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This whole story is fascinating. The Fyre Festival of high school football.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • BestBackUpEver
    BestBackUpEver

    Hot Take/ Prediction: Bishop Sycamore stops in Louisville Thursday before the game and picks up all the ineligible Evangel Players and Coaches. DeMarcus Smith and Ace Wales play for Bishop Sycamore bu

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    ???

  • I actually dont take issue with ESPN there... basically every other IMG game usually ends up on one of their channels anyway. This was never about Bishop Sycamore... it was always about IMG. Wher

Posted Images

On 9/1/2021 at 7:24 AM, Darkwing said:

We have huge problems trying to find a ten game schedule. 

I've been around awhile so maybe I haven't been paying attention, but why such a problem getting games?  Obviously some kind of history but I don't know what that history is I guess.

  • Author
1 hour ago, bulldog77 said:

I've been around awhile so maybe I haven't been paying attention, but why such a problem getting games?  Obviously some kind of history but I don't know what that history is I guess.

When your good, only a select few teams want to play you so makes scheduling tougher.

1 hour ago, bulldog77 said:

I've been around awhile so maybe I haven't been paying attention, but why such a problem getting games?  Obviously some kind of history but I don't know what that history is I guess.

Three different reasons:

1. Johnson Central is really good. Not many teams want to sign up for a loss.

2. Johnson Central in the past has ran an offense that grinds on you and really wears teams down, something many schools aren't used to facing. Why sign up for a regular season game like that when no one else on your schedule or in the postseason will play that way?

3. Johnson Central is a big school (right on the 4A/5A line) in an area of mostly smaller schools. They are also located in far eastern Kentucky, which is a long trip for many programs. For the bigger schools in the Lexington/Louisville area, why drive all the way to Paintsville when you can find a high quality opponent in your back yard?

Johnson Central and Belfry both suffer from this problem when it comes to scheduling.

21 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Three different reasons:

1. Johnson Central is really good. Not many teams want to sign up for a loss.

2. Johnson Central in the past has ran an offense that grinds on you and really wears teams down, something many schools aren't used to facing. Why sign up for a regular season game like that when no one else on your schedule or in the postseason will play that way?

3. Johnson Central is a big school (right on the 4A/5A line) in an area of mostly smaller schools. They are also located in far eastern Kentucky, which is a long trip for many programs. Why drive all the way to Paintsville when you can find a high quality opponent in your back yard?

Johnson Central and Belfry both suffer from this problem when it comes to scheduling.

I think #3 is a big issue.  Not being at least somewhat centrally located is a huge detriment.  I never thought about #2 but I guarantee some coaches have.  That makes a lot of sense.  

Yep. Nailed it.

Nobody is signing up to face that style of offense without a full week of on field prep and film study. Not only is the style not very prevalent anymore, but JC is very good at it, and very physical. You just aren’t going to find teams willing to play them. Add the stupid RPI into the mix, and it’s going to be hard for them to find willing dance partners.

13 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

Nobody is signing up to face that style of offense without a full week of on field prep and film study. Not only is the style not very prevalent anymore, but JC is very good at it, and very physical. You just aren’t going to find teams willing to play them. Add the stupid RPI into the mix, and it’s going to be hard for them to find willing dance partners.

The RPI has ruined JC scheduling.

Is it a KHSAA violation for playing a school that is not sanctioned it their on state association? 

2 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

Is it a KHSAA violation for playing a school that is not sanctioned it their on state association? 

I'd assume that depends on whether or not they've run it by the KHSAA first. The KHSAA didn't seem to have an issue with it in 2019.

Henderson tried to schedule Johnson Central and including paying for transportation, but Johnson Central decided against it. 

2 minutes ago, jcoursey14 said:

Henderson tried to schedule Johnson Central and including paying for transportation, but Johnson Central decided against it. 

That's a 5-hour drive each way. I can understand it. Would have loved to see it happen, but a 10-hour round trip is a lot to ask of anybody.

9 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

That's a 5-hour drive each way. I can understand it. Would have loved to see it happen, but a 10-hour round trip is a lot to ask of anybody.

Agree completely. Hate it for both sides not having a game this week. 

1 hour ago, Darkwing said:

The RPI has ruined JC scheduling.

The RPI has made scheduling difficult for a lot of teams. It’s becoming really hard for good small schools to get games. Low reward, high risk for a bigger school to play them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.