Green County 40 Nelson County 0

Hearsay

Made the trip to Green County this evening. First ever visit - 124th stadium in which I’ve seen a Kentucky high school game. Green County has a nice collection of backs and a big line. However, they have very little depth. Anxious to see them compete in their district.

Also, I’ve always heard Green County is the only stadium with a scoreboard advertising SKI. That doesn’t appear to be the case as they now have a really nice video board. Added bonus, all of the folks I met and chatted with were extremely nice. Everyone seems really excited for high school football to be back. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Ran into a Nelson assistant at the store, he said this senior-laden Green team was very good. Said that Coach Griffith would have been back to coach this team and then retire before next season.  😂

Senior laden? They started two seniors on the offensive line, two sophomores and a junior in the backfield, and a junior at quarterback. 

I’ll add, after the score against Washington County last week I expected some offense. Nelson struggled mightily getting plays in, getting into formation, and getting any traction at the line of scrimmage. It was a tough performance all around for the Cardinals last night. 

Green County is still a pretty young team. The dragons started tons of sophomores and freshman last year, that is going to pay off this year. Houchens, Seymour and McKinney are going to be as good as any backfield around the area. Add in Ferguson at Qb and you have a pretty good stable of backs. Offensive line is much improved, the Dragons started three freshman on offensive line last year I believe and had two seniors added onto the line this year. I expect the dragons to score points. 

This game was a great first game for Coach Phelps, big win and the kids played hard for him the entire game. Really looking forward to the Hart County game this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1