Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Bowling Green Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins this game? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/21/2021 at 04:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

On 8/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, TheDeuce said:

What do we expect to be the strength of Highlands' team this season?

Coaching.

  • Replies 335
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coaching.

  • I didn't put this little nugget of information together until right now.  Others may have thought of this once they saw Highlands (and Head Coach Bob Sphire) were playing Bowling Green.   Co

  • observerbynature
    observerbynature

    Regarding the travel conversation, I'll just say this.  If you look at the schedules from the Georgia schools that Sphire previously coached at, he's extremely familiar with a 3+ hour travel time for

Posted Images

Did I hear correctly that half of Highlands team is going to BG on Friday and the other half is leaving Saturday? 

17 minutes ago, Lions Paw said:

Did I hear correctly that half of Highlands team is going to BG on Friday and the other half is leaving Saturday? 

Would they be taking the starters and other seniors down on Friday and the underclassmen Saturday?

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but who is the QB for BG?

  • Author
3 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but who is the QB for BG?

LTR, For both scrimmages SR Spencer Newman has gotten the start for BG at QB.

He is short in stature, but calm and throws a decent ball.  BG has some other QBs too, but Newman has the keys right now it looks like.

Interesting to note that back in 2019 as a rising Sophomore (i.e. he just finished Freshman ball), Spencer Newman started Week 1 at the Rafferty's Bowl vs. Father Ryan, TN.  This was done for a couple reasons (injuries/other).  Newman played very well going 13 for 23 for 157 yards and 2 TDs vs 1 tipped pass INT.

BG lost that game 24-21, but it wasn't Newman's fault IMO.  He played well.  He has only played JV ball since, with the exception of a few varsity appearances in clean up duty.

  • Author

jared-lorenzen-bobblehead-lexington-lege

Highlands Fans:  wanted you guys to know about this in case you didn't.

On Saturday at 5:30 pm, (poor timing I know), the Lexington Legends are giving out Jared Lorenzen Bobbleheads to the first 1,000 people through the gates at Whitaker Bank Ballpark.

This was reported on the KSR website at the following link:

Lexington Legends giving out Jared Lorenzen bobbleheads on Saturday (on3.com)

As a high school football fan, not many rank above Jared Lorenzen on my list of all time KY great high school players.  He was special.

Maybe have your Uncle or Grandfather go to Lexington for you to score one of this Bobbleheads!!!

 

2 hours ago, Lions Paw said:

Did I hear correctly that half of Highlands team is going to BG on Friday and the other half is leaving Saturday? 

I did hear the same.

2 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

Would they be taking the starters and other seniors down on Friday and the underclassmen Saturday?

That is correct!  The bulk of kids are going down Friday.  The younger kids, injured and new to the program are coming down Saturday. I am sure it is all about the cost; nothing more.  

34 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

That is correct!  The bulk of kids are going down Friday.  The younger kids, injured and new to the program are coming down Saturday. I am sure it is all about the cost; nothing more.  

Isn’t the game at 5:30 on Saturday?  If so, why can’t they leave at 9:00 am like all other teams have done?  Stop on way to eat and be ready to play at 5:30.  

@Purple88Lorenzen and Derek Smith - wow what a combo at the high school level.  Lorenzen would flat run you over if he needed to, you couldn't sack him.  That has to be one of the top highlands teams, if not the top.  15-0, beat Male.  RIP Jared.

 

Lorenzen+Smith+football.JPG

 

33 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Isn’t the game at 5:30 on Saturday?  If so, why can’t they leave at 9:00 am like all other teams have done?  Stop on way to eat and be ready to play at 5:30.  

Yeah... I think as a player, I would rather travel same day in this scenario. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Yeah... I think as a player, I would rather travel same day in this scenario. 

It is a personal preference for me but I would much rather sleep in my own bed, make the day trip, and play ball.

11 minutes ago, Brown said:

@Purple88Lorenzen and Derek Smith - wow what a combo at the high school level.  Lorenzen would flat run you over if he needed to, you couldn't sack him.  That has to be one of the top highlands teams, if not the top.  15-0, beat Male.  RIP Jared.

 

Lorenzen+Smith+football.JPG

 

That was a great team. We were expected to play them in the title game that year, but we got upset by Wagoner in a crazy game that we lost by one point in the semi-finals. 

1 minute ago, Killowatt59 said:

That was a great team. We were expected to play them in the title game that year, but we got upset by Wagoner in a crazy game that we lost by one point in the semi-finals. 

I remember that state final game well. 

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

It is a personal preference for me but I would much rather sleep in my own bed, make the day trip, and play ball.

Not to mention saving thousands of dollars on travel, hotels, food, etc. and potentially causing a riff between players. Also, coaches and administrators would not have to deal with the headache of bed checks, lights out, etc. I totally get wanting make things special for the players, and that is important, but this seems like an unnecessary headache to me. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.