Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Bowling Green Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins this game? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/21/2021 at 04:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, Tones said:

Sphire hasn't coached a game yet, and the Highlands faithful are already commenting on him not doing things "the Highlands way". Good luck coach.

Just win baby!

  • Replies 335
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coaching.

  • I didn't put this little nugget of information together until right now.  Others may have thought of this once they saw Highlands (and Head Coach Bob Sphire) were playing Bowling Green.   Co

  • observerbynature
    observerbynature

    Regarding the travel conversation, I'll just say this.  If you look at the schedules from the Georgia schools that Sphire previously coached at, he's extremely familiar with a 3+ hour travel time for

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

Just win baby!

Exactly. THAT is the "Highlands way" the fans really care about.

3 hours ago, Tones said:

Sphire hasn't coached a game yet, and the Highlands faithful are already commenting on him not doing things "the Highlands way". Good luck coach.

So I will tell you how I feel about this decision.  You preach 1March and to me sending two separate buses preaches division.  

5 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

So I will tell you how I feel about this decision.  You preach 1March and to me sending two separate buses preaches division.  

Would another way to look at it be the travel team went early but Coach Sphire wanted to include everyone at the game?

Wow!  Not a mention about the game from a HHS perspective.   I state I am a firm believer in Sphire and know the itinerary hour by hour.  Discipline and bedtime not an issue.  There is method behind his thought process.  Those who did not make the trip will enjoy in do time.  Let’s not go back to everybody needs represented unity.  

These posts are comical. Birds will be tested whether they arrive by chariot or in the 11th hour.  Focus will be on the field and BG and that is no small task. 

 

17 minutes ago, theguru said:

Would another way to look at it be the travel team went early but Coach Sphire wanted to include everyone at the game?

Do high schools have travel teams?

4 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

Wow!  Not a mention about the game from a HHS perspective.   I state I am a firm believer in Sphire and know the itinerary hour by hour.  Discipline and bedtime not an issue.  There is method behind his thought process.  Those who did not make the trip will enjoy in do time.  Let’s not go back to everybody needs represented unity.  

These posts are comical. Birds will be tested whether they arrive by chariot or in the 11th hour.  Focus will be on the field and BG and that is no small task. 

 

So I will ask this, how would you feel as a parent if your kid was one of those riding bus number 2?  That is the way I always look at things.  There is no I in team and what is good for one is good for all.

As to the game, I think it is going to be a struggle, but I do realize that it will take time for the cream to rise back to the top.

5 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Do high schools have travel teams?

I assume some do, especially in special circumstances. 

Anyone?

Just now, Jack of all Trades said:

So I will ask this, how would you feel as a parent if your kid was one of those riding bus number 2?  That is the way I always look at things.  There is no I in team and what is good for one is good for all.

I understand that but complaint should be with allocated budget.  Very few are not going on bus 1.  So let me ask you this everybody gets a medal?  In all honesty it is those boys that are seeing action on Saturday and then some.  Hoover would not have happened under the old regime and those young ones will have plenty of opportunities.

8 hours ago, Brown said:

@Purple88Lorenzen and Derek Smith - wow what a combo at the high school level.  Lorenzen would flat run you over if he needed to, you couldn't sack him.  That has to be one of the top highlands teams, if not the top.  15-0, beat Male.  RIP Jared.

 

Lorenzen+Smith+football.JPG

 

Silver Grove and Edgewood representing!

 

Without offending the BG supporters here, I'm slightly pulling for the Birds to get back to their winning ways. However, I think BG is still on a higher level, right now.

BG- 31

FTH- 21

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I assume some do, especially in special circumstances. 

Anyone?

I think last year many schools developed travel squads with the roster limitations. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I assume some do, especially in special circumstances. 

Anyone?

St. X and Trinity do in a sense since have more than 100 players and can't take them all. I think St.X may travel with a few less than home games since Coach Wallace has been there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.