Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Bowling Green Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins this game? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/21/2021 at 04:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don’t see this one being in doubt. 

Purples win comfortably. 

  • Replies 335
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coaching.

  • I didn't put this little nugget of information together until right now.  Others may have thought of this once they saw Highlands (and Head Coach Bob Sphire) were playing Bowling Green.   Co

  • observerbynature
    observerbynature

    Regarding the travel conversation, I'll just say this.  If you look at the schedules from the Georgia schools that Sphire previously coached at, he's extremely familiar with a 3+ hour travel time for

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Volxtile said:

I believe the Purple’s offense is going to surprise some people, and the defense will continue to prove why they’re regarded as one of the best in the state.  

BG 36

H 6

I hope you are right, but from what I've been told by a number of different people BG's offense is in bad, bad trouble. I don't know how good Highlands will be, but I'd be shocked if BG scores anywhere near 36 on Highlands, unless the Bluebirds are just terrible. 

Purples win big here.  37-10

BG a top defense - who will step up on the offensive side of the ball this year?  I'm sure they have some great athletes.  Birds, new coach.  I think BG will again play to its strength (defense) and will win the field position battle.

 

Purples 28-7

I'm excited. Football season is almost here. I am planning on being at the Rafferty's Bowl this season. I missed all the games in person last season due to COVID concerns, so I am really looking forward to being there in person this season. 

The Purples won the state title too, which makes it even harder that I had to miss the in-person games. Looking forward to seeing what the Purples have this season. By all accounts the defense is going to really, really good and is their best chance to win games this year. 

The offense is a big question. And from I am hearing it's not really a question. The offense is going to be really limited and struggling. I have no idea what to expect from the Bluebirds this year. I appreciate the good writeups on both teams that were posted here. Hope we will have good weather Saturday night.

 

Let's go!

What do we expect to be the strength of Highlands' team this season?

Purples win this one. I like what HHS has going on but it's just going to take some time to get things back to even being competitive. Baby steps.

Is there a video or audio feed for this game?

 

57 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Is there a video or audio feed for this game?

 

 

BG easy. 35 - 9. 

Glad to see all these big win for BG predictions.

Is Highlands that down?

Birds will at least score two TDs. BG with some questions on offense, but they’re still BG. final score something like 24-21 hopefully it’s my Birds who are victorious. It would be great way to start the season. 

10 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Birds will at least score two TDs. BG with some questions on offense, but they’re still BG. final score something like 24-21 hopefully it’s my Birds who are victorious. It would be great way to start the season. 

Interesting.

  • Author

I didn't put this little nugget of information together until right now.  Others may have thought of this once they saw Highlands (and Head Coach Bob Sphire) were playing Bowling Green.

 

Coach Sphire coached the Lexington Catholic team that defeated Bowling Green in the 2005 3A State Championship game 49-21.  A couple interesting items from that season:

- Both teams only regular season loss was to St Xavier.

BG lost to St X in the Rafferty's Bowl at WKU first game of the year 13-7.

The very next week in Lexington; Lexington Catholic fell to St Xavier 37-34.

- The 49 points BG gave up in the State Championship game were way out of line for what BG typically surrenders defensively.  Case in point - through the first 14 games of the 2005 season BG defense allowed 54 total points.  So giving up the 49 in one game was shocking.  But hats off to LC!

- For Lexington Catholic, the 34 points they scored against St X Week 2 was their lowest scoring output on the season except for 1 game - Week 3 - Regional Final at Highlands - LC 17 - Highlands 0

- St X would go on to lose in the 4A State Finals that year 14-6 to Trinity.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.