Sep 24 at Montgomery County (District)
Oct 1 vs. Frederick Douglass (District)
Oct 7 at Scott County (District)
Oct 15 - BYE
Oct 22 vs. Great Crossing (District)
Oct 29 vs. South Laurel

732834355_GrantCounty2.thumb.jpg.e3e188005a6687bfe05215736cc15388.jpg

24 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

How do the Braves look to fair against this schedule? The district is crazy tough! 

I'd say they have potential for at least 4 wins during the regular season. And you've gotta assume they play either Scott Co or Douglass in the first round of the playoffs so that will be a loss. Realistically I think all of their non-district schedule is pretty evenly matched and several games could really go either way. From the couple of times I've seen Grant play in years past, I always felt like their kids were surprisingly small, across the board. Not sure if that's a regular thing they struggle with or not, but I definitely was surprised at how small they were up front especially. I don't follow the program in particular but whenever I check scores I'm kinda always low-key root for them because they're one of those schools that is just set up to get their keisters handed to them in district play.

Aug 20 vs. Holmes Loss
Aug 27 at Lloyd Memorial Tossup.
Sep. 3 at Walton-Verona Tossup, probably WV.
Sep 10 vs. Carroll County Win
Sep 17 vs. Scott Win
Sep 24 at Montgomery County (District) Win
Oct 1 vs. Frederick Douglass (District) Loss
Oct 7 at Scott County (District) Loss
Oct 15 - BYE
Oct 22 vs. Great Crossing (District) Loss
Oct 29 vs. South Laurel Win

According the the 19-20 KHSAA audited numbers Grant is at 516 male enrollment. There are only three 5A programs smaller I believe those 3 asked to play up. Highlands is one of those 3. Breckinridge is at like 495 and there is a Louisville school. About 24% of 4A has a larger enrollment (Johnson Co is around 570) than Grant. So they are basically a 4A team in a 5A district with two district opponents trending toward 6A (Fredrick Douglas and Great Crossing). 

Past the district opponents most of the schedule is against similar size rosters and makeup. A majority of the offense will be going into their third year as starters. Unless things change they’ll always have to play some young guys or guys a little sooner. 

Going back over I think their last 12 games they have played Douglas and Scott Co a total of 5 times. 4 of the other games of course were MoCo and Great Crossing (which according to social media has a large number of college prospects including the Perry kid). It will be interesting to see how that experience pays off for the 21 season.