Paris names Tyquan Rice as the next Head Football Coach.

Press Release 5/6/21

Paris High School is excited to announce Tyquan Rice as the next Head Football Coach.  Coach Rice is a Paris High School graduate and former star player.  He comes to the position with experience both as a coach and also as a mentor to many young people in our community including being recognized in 2020 as the Paris-Bourbon County Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year.

Principal Joe Matthews welcomed Coach Rice into the role, “Leading the Paris program is a big job and the committee was impressed with Coach Rice’s passion for being our next coach.”

Superintendent Stephen McCauley echoed Mr. Matthews’ comments, “We are beyond excited to have Tyquan as the leader of this proud program.  As his former teacher, it is wonderful to see him assume this role that he has dreamed of for many years.  His passion for our students and Paris High School is felt every time he enters a room and his energy and enthusiasm is the perfect combination for our student athletes.  We cannot wait for our first game this fall.”

Coach Rice expressed his excitement for the job, “I’m ready to get to work.  I’m glad to be home.  I’m ready to get to know some of the kids that I’m not already familiar with and to reach out to families and students to bring everybody together.  I’m ready to build this football family.” He added,  “It’s more than just coaching football.  I want to teach our kids the game of life and avoid mistakes and pitfalls.”

Coach Rice currently serves as the Athletic Director and Instructional Assistant at Paris Elementary School.  He lives in Paris with his son, Quinton, his nephew, King and his girlfriend Brittany and her daughter Gia.

#ParisPride

May be an image of 14 people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coach Washington had Paris on the uptick for a while, but things slacked off the last two years. It's hard to sustain excellence at a school that small. Numbers are always low at Paris, both on the football team and in the hallways. Depth is an issue. That's one of the challenges awaiting Coach Rice. He, being a local guy, knows what he's up against and I think that's a good thing.

I wish him good fortune. There's a championship pedigree there. I'd love to see him guide them back to the 1A conversation. 

• Like 2