Ashland 54 Boyd County 52 (OT)

Porter didn’t play up to his standards tonight. Not a good shooting night for him from the floor, and I think he missed 5 straight free throws before he finally made one. He still made a lot happen, though. He gives 100% effort. 
Villers had a chaser guarding him for most of the game. He still scored but nothing came easy. 
I am impressed with Boyd’s coach. His teams are well prepared, especially defensively. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LRCW said:

Ashland struggling early this year. They just don’t seem to have that great offensive flow they had last year, but I’m sure they’ll get it figured out. They’re too talented not to. 

After Ashland picked up Marcum everyone thought I was crazy when I said Ashland may actually regress a bit to start the season. They will be fine once the new offense gels though.

Losing Bradley and Hudson to graduation is significant. They brought a lot to the game plans last season. Both good shooters and Bradley was a lockdown defender and Hudson a good rebounder. They’ll be okay this year but it’s going to take some time to mesh into an efficient team. The Tomcats will take some lumps along the way because they’ve got some powerful teams on their schedule, and many of them such as Male, Covington Catholic and Lexington Catholic are on the road. 

• Like 1