Bowling Green 20 Covington Catholic 0

Hats off to Bowling Green for clearly being the team that wanted it more and played a better game tonight.

Cov Cath's offense couldn't get out of their own way.

Coach Eviston is shut out for the first time in his tenure as the Colonels' head coach, and Coach Spader and the Purples notch off their first win over Cov Cath.

Great win for the Purples. I am super excited to watch them next week. 

I just want to say Covington Catholic's D gave up a lot of yardage but it shouldn't be lost that they were victim to six turnovers. That very easily could have been a running clock game but the Colonel D kept them afloat. 

• Like 1

BG was the much better team and deserved to win. Best of luck to those guys next weekend. Physical up front, athletic, didn't miss tackles in space and made plays on the ball in the second level of the defense. They're a really good team. 

Tough to win a game with 6 turnovers. I'm not going to pile on, but it looked as bad as the stats were. Defense fought hard and made some great plays, but no one is winning a game when the offense is playing like that. 

• Like 7

Congrats to CovCath on a great season!  To make it to the semifinals is a big accomplishment.  I realize they wanted more but no shame in fighting hard and coming up a little short.  They will be back.

For the Purples, GREAT Win!  The Purples defense is setting the tone. 6 Turonoover vs CovCath.  I think 4 against NBullitt and 8 against South Warren.  WOW!!!

The Purples offense will need to regroup for next week.  They are capable of more, but I agree that CovCath defensively was very sound.  Survive and advance.

Looking forward to Lexington!!!

Purples!!!!

• Like 4

Very glad to see BG get this win and in such convincing fashion too.

Purples offense from playcalling all the way down the line have better get their stuff together. Not a good game for them at all.

Defense as usual was awesome. 

But they should all enjoy this moment. Going to the state championship game is special.

• Like 2