Bowling Green 20 Covington Catholic 0

6 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Just didn’t seem like CovCath had the skill and speed on offense this season compared to the past. Still a good club but it’s hard to beat a team as good as Bowling Green with what CovCath lacked. 

Yep. Cov. Catholic was one of the slowest teams I've seen BG play all year. Once the game started I knew they were in trouble offensively with what they had. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Yep. Cov. Catholic was one of the slowest teams I've seen BG play all year. Once the game started I knew they were in trouble offensively with what they had. 

Show some class, take your win and move on.  First time BG has defeated Cov Cath.  Congrats on the .250 head to head winning percentage.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Samcro said:

Show some class, take your win and move on.  First time BG has defeated Cov Cath.  Congrats on the .250 head to head winning percentage.  

LOL.   Oh boy. You might want to stay off messages board for while if you're that sensitive and upset. It's called discussing the game. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What exactly about his comment wasn’t classy? 

Not taking the bait.  I said what I said and feel what I feel.  I don’t owe you or anyone else an explanation and there sure as heck isn’t anything that I value that comes from your perspective.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Samcro said:

Not taking the bait.  I said what I said and feel what I feel.  I don’t owe you or anyone else an explanation and there sure as heck isn’t anything that I value that comes from your perspective.  

That’s fine, continue embarrassing yourself, makes no difference to me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

That’s fine, continue embarrassing yourself, makes no difference to me. 

I’m with Samcro here.  I’ve noticed some people on here just like to stir the pot....that’s what’s embarrassing.

• Like 1

OK.  I’ll play ball.  Other than the QBs touchdown run, where was the boatrace?  In other words, where were BG dudes flying by Cov Cath?  I saw one big run and I saw several short field possessions.  As I’ve said multiple times on here, BG’s defense was great.  They had a mountain in the middle.  He was awesome.  The back 7 made some nice plays in what appeared to be zone coverage, to set up short fields.  I just didn’t see dudes for BG blazin up and down the field.  I also saw some mistakes that CCH made that had nothing to do with being slow.  They had some chances against a great D and missed em.  It happens.  Those chances were limited because of a great BG defense.

Lastly, I’m more of a fan of tipping your cap to an opponent after a win.  Not a real fan of pointing out deficiencies, especially in the overt manner that KW59 chose to render.  It seemed a bit over the top.  

Obviously, that’s only my opinion.  You can like my opinion or not, I don’t care.  It’s a judgment call.  So, I don’t see a point in elaborating beyond that. 

The most embarrassing post I saw all week, was the ridiculous post that charging $15 for a broadcast “wreaks of privilege”.  Now, that is embarrassing, especially after other posters laid out what others are charging on this side of the state.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I was way more impressed with BG defense than the offense.  I feel as if Covcath beat themselves very bad However,  BG wanted it way more and you could tell on the second INT where #14 caught the ball and the BG defender just took it like it was free.  I know it’s early but next weeks game could be interesting.  Good Luck Purples.  Congratulations on making it to state. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killowatt59 said:

If this was your take away I’d ask if you watched the game. BG was obviously better last night, but this is just a silly statement. Without CCH playing their worst offensive game of the year with, much of it self inflicted its a pretty even game. CCH’s D line seems pretty fast as they were in the BG backfield all night. BG obviously had the advantage in backfield speed, but even with that the only explosive play was the QB on the second play of the game. CCH had open WR’s all night as well, just badly missed them or dropped balls that were on target. Weird take to basically say CCH was this terrible team that BG beat by 3 scores while being gifted 6 TO’s. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

If this was your take away I’d ask if you watched the game. BG was obviously better last night, but this is just a silly statement. Without CCH playing their worst offensive game of the year with, much of it self inflicted its a pretty even game. CCH’s D line seems pretty fast as they were in the BG backfield all night. BG obviously had the advantage in backfield speed, but even with that the only explosive play was the QB on the second play of the game. CCH had open WR’s all night as well, just badly missed them or dropped balls that were on target. Weird take to basically say CCH was this terrible team that BG beat by 3 scores while being gifted 6 TO’s. 

Maybe it's because of the weaker schedule and the fact you probably didn't see BG play those other teams, but there is no way you could have watched BG's games and come with that conclusion.

As proven last night by the result.

• Like 1

10-2 and a state semi-final appearance in a down year is a great spot to be at the for the program.

A couple of shoutouts to Luke Stegman and Ben Dickhaus who I thought played great last night on defense along with Trevor Wilson.

I agree on the team speed comment. I think a couple of our receivers can run but other than that...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCHFC said:

10-2 and a state semi-final appearance in a down year is a great spot to be at the for the program.

A couple of shoutouts to Luke Stegman and Ben Dickhaus who I thought played great last night on defense along with Trevor Wilson.

I agree on the team speed comment. I think a couple of our receivers can run but other than that...

Great point there.  There is a long, long list of teams who would love to be in that spot.

• Like 1