Bowling Green 20 Covington Catholic 0

35 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Bowling Green has forced 20 turnovers in the last three weeks.  I think it's safe to say they aren't being "gifted" these turnovers.

No idea about the previous games. But if you watched last nights game they definitely were gifted. Wide open receivers last night and just threw the ball directly to BG on 3 occasions. Two others the CCH receivers just tipped the ball in the air for BG. QB had plenty of time to throw. Congrats to BG on being opportunistic, goes a long way to winning. My point was that in last nights game the TO’s weren’t forced by BG, more unforced errors by CCH that BG took advantage of. Credit to BG in doing so. 

1 minute ago, BlueKernels said:

No idea about the previous games. But if you watched last nights game they definitely were gifted. Wide open receivers last night and just threw the ball directly to BG on 3 occasions. Two others the CCH receivers just tipped the ball in the air for BG. QB had plenty of time to throw. Congrats to BG on being opportunistic, goes a long way to winning. My point was that in last nights game the TO’s weren’t forced by BG, more unforced errors by CCH that BG took advantage of. Credit to BG in doing so. 

A few were unforced, but I may have been watching a different game than you.  I specifically remember a pass over the middle where a BG defensive lineman hit Jacob’s arm.  Of course that’s just 1/6, but both teams shot themselves in the foot multiple times.  20 forced turnovers in three games isn’t a fluke, Jacob looked terrified all night, even if he had time in the pocket.

Just now, Volxtile said:

A few were unforced, but I may have been watching a different game than you.  I specifically remember a pass over the middle where a BG defensive lineman hit Jacob’s arm.  Of course that’s just 1/6, but both teams shot themselves in the foot multiple times.  20 forced turnovers in three games isn’t a fluke, Jacob looked terrified all night, even if he had time in the pocket.

Don’t forget the the fumble Seth Rainville picked up in the fourth quarter, it was a forced turnover as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I tend to take the view that turnovers are forced by the entire defense. Pressure on QB, coverage, aggregate circumstances over the course of the game, etc. Are there unforced turnovers? Sure, players make mistakes sometimes. But we don’t always acknowledge that there are cumulative factors that can lead to those mistakes. It definitely sounds like Bowling Green did a great job against the ground game and the onslaught of draw plays CovCath tried, which perhaps forced them to throw more than they wanted. There’s the old axiom that when you throw only three things can happen, and two of them are bad. 

Ultimately my point is that Bowling Green has been getting takeaways hand over fist this postseason. It’s difficult for me to believe they don’t have a hand in it.

1 hour ago, Killowatt59 said:

Maybe it's because of the weaker schedule and the fact you probably didn't see BG play those other teams, but there is no way you could have watched BG's games and come with that conclusion.

As proven last night by the result.

Didn’t see BG other games, so just referencing last night. Didn’t see a huge difference in team speed, though BG did have the edge obviously at QB and RB. I believe total yardage difference was just about 100yards in favor of BG. If BG did have the huge edge as some are saying they should have put up 70 against such a “slow” team that turned the ball over 6 times. 

Congrats to BG on the win! I’ll be pulling for them next weekend. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

Didn’t see BG other games, so just referencing last night. Didn’t see a huge difference in team speed, though BG did have the edge obviously at QB and RB. I believe total yardage difference was just about 100yards in favor of BG. If BG did have the huge edge as some are saying they should have put up 70 against such a “slow” team that turned the ball over 6 times. 

I do think Cov Cath was faster than given credit, especially on the defensive side of the ball.  BG did have edge speed, but I feel like the play calling didn’t exploit it very well and Cov Cath’s corners were great at diagnosing the screen.  The D-Line for Cov Cath was also great at keeping contain most of the night.  I’m sure you all will be back even stronger next year after hearing how young the defense was.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

Wow.  That's all I'll say. What a weird take. 

6 minutes ago, Volxtile said:

He’s looked that way all season, very indecisive. Dropped balls have been an issue all year as well, which I’m sure is a factor as well. Not taking anything away from BG. Really good team. Just pointing out that CCH had their worst passing performance in recent years, much of it unforced. Good teams take advantage of errors, which BG did and made CCH pay for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonFire said:

Bowling Green has forced 20 turnovers in the last three weeks.  I think it's safe to say they aren't being "gifted" these turnovers.

According to several Cov. Catholic fans it appears as if BG didn't beat CC.  CC just handed them game and that's the only way BG could have won. 

I mean that's the only way it could have happened, right? 🙄 

9 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

According to several Cov. Catholic fans it appears as if BG didn't beat CC.  CC just handed them game and that's the only way BG could have won. 

I mean that's the only way it could have happened, right? 🙄 

Don’t think anyone said that. Two things can be true, BG was the better team last night AND CCH committed several unforced errors that were a major contributing factor. 

But if it make you feel better. 

1 minute ago, BlueKernels said:

Don’t think anyone said that. Two things can be true, BG was the better team last night AND CCH committed several unforced errors that were a major contributing factor. 

But if it make you feel better. 

Better just "take the high road" and save it "for an off-season board".

11 hours ago, Samcro said:

The seniors were 40-3 during their three years on the varsity roster.  For the full four year run, there has never been a better span in CCH football history.  55-3 and the following accomplishments:

1. Undefeated at home in regular season

2. Undefeated against the birdies in varsity competition (second class in a row that can boast that)

3. Undefeated against all NKY competition

4. Two undefeated seasons

5. Three undefeated regular seasons

6. Four regional championships

7. Three state finals

8. Two state championships

I fully understand that this class stood on the shoulders of giants.  However, these numbers speak for themselves.  

So, forgive me for not giving a rip right now about what this team lacked - heard plenty about that, throughout the year, from our experts. I also don’t give a darn right now about who’s coming back.  Time for that later.  

Someone from our own side commented that BG “wanted it more”.  Really? How do you know?  BG played better.  Period.  They were the better team, last night.  Let’s not kick our kids in the shins by speculating that they “didn’t want it bad enough”.  

Congratulations to the 2020 Colonels and best wishes to the seniors - you created a lifetime of memories for yourselves and your families.

Hats off to a great legacy left by those seniors! You guys definitely gave Warren County and the rest of 5A a taste of dominance. I’m enjoying seeing Mayer be a factor for Norte Dame in Saturday’s! I’m sure this isn’t the last time these two squads will cross paths..

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

Hats off to a great legacy left by those seniors! You guys definitely gave Warren County and the rest of 5A a taste of dominance. I’m enjoying seeing Mayer be a factor for Norte Dame in Saturday’s! I’m sure this isn’t the last time these two squads will cross paths..

Didn't South Warren beat them in the state championship game just two years ago?  So that makes schools in Warren County 2-2 against Cov. Catholic in the last four years? That's not dominance. 

• Like 1