Bowling Green 20 Covington Catholic 0

4 hours ago, CCHFC said:

10-2 and a state semi-final appearance in a down year is a great spot to be at the for the program.

A couple of shoutouts to Luke Stegman and Ben Dickhaus who I thought played great last night on defense along with Trevor Wilson.

I agree on the team speed comment. I think a couple of our receivers can run but other than that...

I don’t know that I totally agree with the down year comment if that’s the case CC has had a lot of down years. This was a very good team they just ran into one that was a little better and that happens even Trinity doesn’t win the title every year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Samcro said:

The most embarrassing post I saw all week, was the ridiculous post that charging $15 for a broadcast “wreaks of privilege”.  Now, that is embarrassing, especially after other posters laid out what others are charging on this side of the state.

Yeah, too bad that’s not what the privilege comment was about... Swing and a miss. 

15 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Didn't South Warren beat them in the state championship game just two years ago?  So that makes schools in Warren County 2-2 against Cov. Catholic in the last four years? That's not dominance. 

Winning two state titles and contending for four isn’t bad.. I guess I could have subbed out the word for dominance for competitiveness? But anyways great job by the players, #5 is a good size quarterback and I hope he gets a shot at the next level regardless of the division.

Just now, PhenomxX said:

Winning two state titles and contending for four isn’t bad.. I guess I could have subbed out the word for dominance for competitiveness? But anyways great job by the players, #5 is a good size quarterback and I hope he gets a shot at the next level regardless of the division.

Well I didn't say it was bad. I'm just saying with regard to Warren County as mentioned in your comment, they are 2-2 the last four years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Killowatt59 said:

Well I didn't say it was bad. I'm just saying with regard to Warren County as mentioned in your comment, they are 2-2 the last four years.

They’ve definitely put up better fights than others around the state vs our two powers South and BG. 

14 hours ago, Samcro said:

The seniors were 40-3 during their three years on the varsity roster.  For the full four year run, there has never been a better span in CCH football history.  55-3 and the following accomplishments:

1. Undefeated at home in regular season

2. Undefeated against the birdies in varsity competition (second class in a row that can boast that)

3. Undefeated against all NKY competition

4. Two undefeated seasons

5. Three undefeated regular seasons

6. Four regional championships

7. Three state finals

8. Two state championships

I fully understand that this class stood on the shoulders of giants.  However, these numbers speak for themselves.  

So, forgive me for not giving a rip right now about what this team lacked - heard plenty about that, throughout the year, from our experts. I also don’t give a darn right now about who’s coming back.  Time for that later.  

Someone from our own side commented that BG “wanted it more”.  Really? How do you know?  BG played better.  Period.  They were the better team, last night.  Let’s not kick our kids in the shins by speculating that they “didn’t want it bad enough”.  

Congratulations to the 2020 Colonels and best wishes to the seniors - you created a lifetime of memories for yourselves and your families.

Well said. You are my favorite poster @Samcro

7 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

Yep. Cov. Catholic was one of the slowest teams I've seen BG play all year. Once the game started I knew they were in trouble offensively with what they had. 

Really? Take your win. You'll see them next year.-you probably don't want to. We did none of this after smothering you last year. I already said we are rooting for you next week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YOUTH2019 said:

I was way more impressed with BG defense than the offense.  I feel as if Covcath beat themselves very bad However,  BG wanted it way more and you could tell on the second INT where #14 caught the ball and the BG defender just took it like it was free.  I know it’s early but next weeks game could be interesting.  Good Luck Purples.  Congratulations on making it to state. 

CCH's D was a brick wall most of the night with the tough spots they were put in.  The BG speed was a non-factor other than a couple plays.

• Like 1

Dear Covington Catholic folks:

It is possible to lack speed on offense, especially compared to previous seasons, and still be a very good football team. That was the case this season. Nobody is saying CovCath was bad. They’re mostly just comparing the Colonels to the last few seasons, which might not be fair but it’s what people do. And everyone on this site expects CovCath will be in the hunt for a title next year (and the next year, and the next...).

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

They’ve definitely put up better fights than others around the state vs our two powers South and BG. 

Well, I have respect for your ability to think rationally and to show respect where it’s due.  Thank you.

Yes, 2-2 against Warren Co. The two victories were convincing.  One at home and one on the road.  One loss was a heartbreaker and last night’s loss was obviously worse. 

• Thanks 1