Bowling Green 20 Covington Catholic 0

I think the fact that the D kept the game even this close against 6 turnovers says a lot.   I guess the QB draws continued because as good as Eddie is he couldn’t come up with anything for this group.   I really think if Caleb had designed roll outs he would have had better views and thrown more confidently.   

Great win for the Purples. COV CATH is not a team to sleep on. Their offense struggled tonight but their defense continued to hit hard and make plays all night long. 
I also have to say, several continue to dog the BG offense about how terrible they look or they better get their act together game after game. I think they find away to put up numbers against some of the best defenses in the State every Friday night. They don’t play anyone except 6A schools during the season along with their own district games. Now they are playing  the top 5A schools in the State and doing what they need to do. If you look at the offensive stats over the last 5 opponents.. The numbers aren’t too shabby! It may not be pretty to some, but looking at the stats , they are handling business! I think the Offensive Coordinator started playing conservative tonight but they were switching defenses non stop all night long. 
It’s Survive and Advance now!! The offense and defense are feeding off of each other and doing whatever it takes to WIN! 

Can’t wait for next Saturday! What a great matchup!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

I think the fact that the D kept the game even this close against 6 turnovers says a lot.   I guess the QB draws continued because as good as Eddie is he couldn’t come up with anything for this group.   I really think if Caleb had designed roll outs he would have had better views and thrown more confidently.   

The CCH defense in my  opinion played state champion football with the holes they were put in. 

• Like 5

Could save this for a  offseason thread, but holy smokes is CCH going to be loaded the next few years. At one point tonight there was only 1 Senior on Defense, and several sophomores. On Offense with the 2 Soph WR's, several underclassman RB's, 4 underclassman lineman, and Pitzer coming in they should be right back here next year if not further. This program just continues to grow.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesport said:

The 6 turnovers were obviously a big part of the game,, but Bowling Green was just the better team. CCH couldn't get anything going offensively.

I agree that BG was the better team tonight, obviously. However, CCH had WR’s open many times, the QB had plenty of time to throw for the most part. CCH laid a huge egg offensively with the worst performance of the last several years. Much of it self inflicted in terms of the passing game. At least 7-8 on target passes  dropped and multiple INT’s that were off target by a mile directly to a BG db. On a couple int’s it looked like the CCH WR’s were practicing the tip drill, with BG coming up behind them. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I agree that BG was the better team tonight, obviously. However, CCH had WR’s open many times, the QB had plenty of time to throw for the most part. CCH laid a huge egg offensively with the worst performance of the last several years. Much of it self inflicted in terms of the passing game. At least 7-8 on target passes  dropped and multiple INT’s that were off target by a mile directly to a BG db. On a couple int’s it looked like the CCH WR’s were practicing the tip drill, with BG coming up behind them. 

I here you-probably as bad as they could play. I just rather take the high road and give credit where credit is due as I know the Seniors are beating themselves up right now and should celebrate their 41-2 record. But, as I alluded to they are going to be back in the same position for the next few years, and I feel they will finish the deal multiple times.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

Could save this for a  offseason thread, but holy smokes is CCH going to be loaded the next few years. At one point tonight there was only 1 Senior on Defense, and several sophomores. On Offense with the 2 Soph WR's, several underclassman RB's, 4 underclassman lineman, and Pitzer coming in they should be right back here next year if not further. This program just continues to grow.

Yep agreed. I’ll save it for the off-season thread and add more but I think 22 and 23 is going to be really really good. 

50 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

The 6 turnovers were obviously a big part of the game,, but Bowling Green was just the better team. CCH couldn't get anything going offensively.

34 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

I here you-probably as bad as they could play. I just rather take the high road and give credit where credit is due as I know the Seniors are beating themselves up right now and should celebrate their 41-2 record. But, as I alluded to they are going to be back in the same position for the next few years, and I feel they will finish the deal multiple times.

Agreed. I feel for them, having the last game turn out that way. Such is life at times though. The seniors have a lot to be proud of and had a great run. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

Go win state Purples.

Just didn’t seem like CovCath had the skill and speed on offense this season compared to the past. Still a good club but it’s hard to beat a team as good as Bowling Green with what CovCath lacked. 

• Like 3

The seniors were 40-3 during their three years on the varsity roster.  For the full four year run, there has never been a better span in CCH football history.  55-3 and the following accomplishments:

1. Undefeated at home in regular season

2. Undefeated against the birdies in varsity competition (second class in a row that can boast that)

3. Undefeated against all NKY competition

4. Two undefeated seasons

5. Three undefeated regular seasons

6. Four regional championships

7. Three state finals

8. Two state championships

I fully understand that this class stood on the shoulders of giants.  However, these numbers speak for themselves.  

So, forgive me for not giving a rip right now about what this team lacked - heard plenty about that, throughout the year, from our experts. I also don’t give a darn right now about who’s coming back.  Time for that later.  

Someone from our own side commented that BG “wanted it more”.  Really? How do you know?  BG played better.  Period.  They were the better team, last night.  Let’s not kick our kids in the shins by speculating that they “didn’t want it bad enough”.  

Congratulations to the 2020 Colonels and best wishes to the seniors - you created a lifetime of memories for yourselves and your families.

• Like 11