Open Job: Highlands

theguru

Alright, now you guys are killing me.  Man I'm going to embarrass myself with this, but there's this king, Joffrey, who is probably one of the most hated characters in TV history.  Just cruel, stupid and a terrible, terrible person.  But he's king.  Then there's his grandfather who is kind of like the chief of staff and is the one who actually runs things and people obey.  The king has this habit of constantly announcing he's king and his grandfather points out that any real king shouldn't have to constantly tell people that.  Now sit down and shut up and I'll go win this war for you.   I can only assume that is the scenario that Don is hinting at.  

• Like 4

Just now, observerbynature said:

Alright, now you guys are killing me.  Man I'm going to embarrass myself with this, but there's this king, Joffrey, who is probably one of the most hated characters in TV history.  Just cruel, stupid and a terrible, terrible person.  But he's king.  Then there's his grandfather who is kind of like the chief of staff and is the one who actually runs things and people obey.  The king has this habit of constantly announcing he's king and his grandfather points out that any real king shouldn't have to constantly tell people that.  Now sit down and shut up and I'll go win this war for you.   I can only assume that is the scenario that Don is hinting at.  

Huh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ve always gotten the feeling from Wolfe that he wants people to kiss his behind. If that’s what Highlands wants to do, that’s on them I suppose. 

I get that. Reminds a bit of Renner, Ballard’s basketball coach. Their comments on social media and in the news always come across as “I know more about this (everything) than anyone else and so you should listen to me.” Not sure that attitude would fly in Fort Thomas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I hear the current offer is around 20k. 

That’s a serious pay increase from the pay scale on the school’s website at $9386.  
Hope such an increase is given to the coaches of other sports. 
Yes, football typically brings in more funds than other sports, but pay scale shows girls basketball paying more than football.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

That’s a serious pay increase from the pay scale on the school’s website at $9386.  
Hope such an increase is given to the coaches of other sports. 
Yes, football typically brings in more funds than other sports, but pay scale shows girls basketball paying more than football.  

Is there a link to the information? I’m curious to see the different breakdown. I would of guessed the HC stipend to be higher than that. I guess they also don’t give coaches extra/extended days. I know some schools that aren’t that far off from that number and those schools haven’t changed their stipends in almost 20 years. 

Just now, barrel said:

Is there a link to the information? I’m curious to see the different breakdown. I would of guessed the HC stipend to be higher than that. I guess they also don’t give coaches extra/extended days. I know some schools that aren’t that far off from that number and those schools haven’t changed their stipends in almost 20 years. 

Since salaries are public knowledge, I found it on district website, departments, Human Resources.  There are multiple years of pay scales on there. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, barrel said:

Some even further than that & some of those schools that pay more than Highlands. I’m really surprised that job doesn’t pay more- really shocked. 

• Like 1