October 12, 20205 yr RIP Joe. Morgan’s tiebreaking single with two outs in the ninth inning of Game 7 in 1975 gave the Reds the crown in a classic matchup with Boston, and he spurred a four-game sweep of the Yankees the next season. I liked Joe as an announcer too.
October 12, 20205 yr Joe was the BEST player on a team of All-Stars and Hall of Famers. Probably the best all-around player of his day. He will always be MY All-Time Second Baseman.
October 12, 20205 yr Author 1 minute ago, nkypete said: Joe with my wife and I. 12 years ago. Awesome @nkypete!
October 13, 20205 yr Obviously Joe was physically talented but he was probably the smartest player I’ve ever watched in all areas of the game, just really unbelievable how much he knew about the game and it showed all the time. Saw him call time many times and go to the mound to talk to the pitcher. He didn’t care to hold teammates accountable either!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.