Paris 70 Rose Hill 61 2OT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say a chance to play at Louisville is a pretty big accolade.

Kala is at U of L as a McConnell Scholar which, of course, has nothing to do with basketball. I think all who know will agree that a McConnell is somewhat more significant than is an athletic scholarship. By walking on at U of L, she earned her place on the team which, I would point out, had nothing to do with receiving any accolades and everything to do with her work ethic and determination to succeed.

Kala is at U of L as a McConnell Scholar which, of course, has nothing to do with basketball. I think all who know will agree that a McConnell is somewhat more significant than is an athletic scholarship. By walking on at U of L, she earned her place on the team which, I would point out, had nothing to do with receiving any accolades and everything to do with her work ethic and determination to succeed.

:thumb:

Why must the two be juxtaposed?

Why must the two be juxtaposed?

For anyone on here that isn't Albert Einstein:

jux·ta·pose [juhk-stuh-pohz, juhk-stuh-pohz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -posed, -pos·ing.

to place close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast.

For anyone on here that isn't Albert Einstein:

jux·ta·pose [juhk-stuh-pohz, juhk-stuh-pohz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -posed, -pos·ing.

to place close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast.

;) ...:thumb:

I interpreted Wireman's post to imply that Kala received her "accolades" by being a member of the U of L team. If that were true, the conclusion would seem to be that she received an athletic scholarship.

There was no intent to negatively reflect on an athletic scholarship. The intent was to point out the significance of a McConnell Scholarship and that the receipt of it had nothing to do with Kala's performance on the basketball court. Thus, her presence at U of L and as a member of the basketball team have nothing to do with receipt of "accolades" as was the implication.

Actually, the significant part of my post is the sentence following what was later highlighted. It is a statement in praise of Kala.

I interpreted Wireman's post to imply that Kala received her "accolades" by being a member of the U of L team. If that were true, the conclusion would seem to be that she received an athletic scholarship.

There was no intent to negatively reflect on an athletic scholarship. The intent was to point out the significance of a McConnell Scholarship and that the receipt of it had nothing to do with Kala's performance on the basketball court. Thus, her presence at U of L and as a member of the basketball team have nothing to do with receipt of "accolades" as was the implication.

Actually, the significant part of my post is the sentence following what was later highlighted. It is a statement in praise of Kala.

And one with which I am in complete agreement.:thumb:

Hey...I'm just nitpickin'...and I think I gotcha!