Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NET Rankings 3/2/2020

Featured Replies

RANK PREVIOUS SCHOOL CONFERENCE RECORD

1 1 Kansas Big 12 25-3

2 2 Gonzaga WCC 29-2

3 3 Dayton Atlantic 10 27-2

4 4 San Diego St. MW 27-1

5 5 Baylor Big 12 25-3

6 6 Duke ACC 23-6

7 7 Michigan St. Big Ten 20-9

8 9 Louisville ACC 24-6

9 10 BYU WCC 23-7

10 11 Arizona Pac-12 19-10

11 12 Florida St. ACC 24-5

12 13 Seton Hall Big East 21-7

13 8 Creighton Big East 21-7

14 14 Kentucky SEC 24-5

15 15 Maryland Big Ten 23-6

16 17 Ohio St. Big Ten 20-9

17 16 Villanova Big East 22-7

18 18 Oregon Pac-12 22-7

19 22 Houston AAC 22-7

20 19 Butler Big East 20-9

21 21 West Virginia Big 12 19-10

22 20 Colorado Pac-12 21-9

23 23 Texas Tech Big 12 18-11

24 24 Michigan Big Ten 18-11

25 25 Marquette Big East 18-10

  • Author

Sorry for the formatting. I understand Kentucky's loss to Evansville looks really bad, I still don't understand why they are ranked at 14 with teams like Arizona and MSU being ranked ahead of them. I REALLY don't understand how Duke, who has lost 3 of their last 4 hasn't moved from the 6 spot.

Still wish I knew enough about the formula to be able to be upset with it.

Sorry for the formatting. I understand Kentucky's loss to Evansville looks really bad, I still don't understand why they are ranked at 14 with teams like Arizona and MSU being ranked ahead of them. I REALLY don't understand how Duke, who has lost 3 of their last 4 hasn't moved from the 6 spot.

 

That makes two of us.

  • Author

Arizona has lost 3 in a row, is 7th in a week conference, and has 10 losses on the year. How are they NET 10 (moving up a spot from 11,... by losing)

As long as Kentucky avoids a 4 seed, I don't really care what their formulas are.

 

Does seem a little strange that a team can lose 3 out of 4 games, especially to unranked teams and it virtually has no affect.

  • Author
As long as Kentucky avoids a 4 seed, I don't really care what their formulas are.

 

Does seem a little strange that a team can lose 3 out of 4 games, especially to unranked teams and it virtually has no affect.

 

Joey Brackets and Jerry Palm both have us as a 3 in the West. Unless we lose our first game in the SEC tournament I just don't see how we are a 4. I think if we make it to the finals of the SEC tournament (because history shows that winning it doesn't mean anything) we have a decent shot at a 2 seed.

The only thing we can say about the NET is that it has some obvious flaws.

Everyone always wanted to dump on the RPI when it was the main formula for the Committee, although I wasn't in that group, but for comparison sake, here are the Top 25 teams in the RPI as of this morning:

 

1. Kansas

2. Dayton

3. Auburn

4. Florida State

5. Baylor

6. Oregon

7. San Diego State

8. Creighton

9. Villanova

10. Duke

11. Louisville

12. Maryland

13. Gonzaga

14. Seton Hall

15. BYU

16. Kentucky

17. West Virginia

18. Colorado

19. Houston

20. Northern Iowa

21. LSU

22. Arizona State

23. Arizona

24. St. Mary's

25. Marquette

Teams in the NET Top 25, and not in the RPI top 25:

 

* Michigan State is 32 in the RPI

* Ohio State is 39 in the RPI

* Butler is 35 in the RPI

* Texas Tech is 66 in the RPI

* Michigan is 51 in the RPI

Also worth noting, I saw this Strength of Schedule rank and thought it was interesting enough to share:

 

1. Kansas

2. West Virginia

3. Villanova

4. Marquette

5. Oregon

6. Colorado

7. Providence

8. Arizona

9. Kansas State

10. Xavier

 

20. Cincinnati

25. Duke

30. Louisville

35. Dayton

44. Butler

49. Indiana

59. Ohio State

70. Kentucky

111. Notre Dame

115. Western Kentucky

116. Gonzaga

283. NKU

According to AP rankings released today, the top 6 are Kansas, Gonzaga, Dayton, Baylor, San Diego State, Kentucky. Louisville is 10, Duke is 12 and Auburn is 17

According to AP rankings released today, the top 6 are Kansas, Gonzaga, Dayton, Baylor, San Diego State, Kentucky. Louisville is 10, Duke is 12 and Auburn is 17

 

Polls are meaningless in the committee room (I'm not suggesting that should be the case, but it is).

I'm the only one saying it, but I think San Diego State getting a 1-seed would be a joke. Not a funny one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.