Covington Catholic 14 Frederick Douglass 7 (Class 5A State Championship)

theguru

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Nally, Reardon, and Jacobs, who does CCH have returning and any JV kids that will step up and make a big impact for next year? Of course I hope coach Eviston sticks around but I have a feeling he may go on to bigger things.

Topic for another thread, but the rumors are picking up momentum on this.

Besides Nally, Reardon, and Jacobs, who does CCH have returning and any JV kids that will step up and make a big impact for next year? Of course I hope coach Eviston sticks around but I have a feeling he may go on to bigger things.

Definitely have good football players that have waited their turn as was the case the last couple of years. Most of the kids on this years team didn’t play last year.

We can dive into that in another thread. I don’t see Eddie leaving.

Where would Coach Eviston go for a better situation? Good staff, good facilities, pick of players from several counties and other states, alumni support, seemingly good school day situation. He's been the college route. Public schools are a totally different animal and Moeller isn't the Moeller of days gone by. He'll stay. Sometimes extra $$$s lead you into a difficult situation. St. X (Cincinnati), Elder, or LaSalle ....but are any of them open?

The biggest question I would have about CCH next year is who are the D1 players on next year's team? The past few years have been an incredible run of D1 talent for CCH. Is that D1 talent going to be there next year and who? Perhaps this is for another thread as well but since the question was being posed here about next year I threw it in.

Where would Coach Eviston go for a better situation? Good staff, good facilities, pick of players from several counties and other states, alumni support, seemingly good school day situation. He's been the college route. Public schools are a totally different animal and Moeller isn't the Moeller of days gone by. He'll stay. Sometimes extra $$$s lead you into a difficult situation. St. X (Cincinnati), Elder, or LaSalle ....but are any of them open?

Moeller has good Sophomore and Frosh classes so whoever gets that job going to have good team in 2 years.

The biggest question I would have about CCH next year is who are the D1 players on next year's team? The past few years have been an incredible run of D1 talent for CCH. Is that D1 talent going to be there next year and who? Perhaps this is for another thread as well but since the question was being posed here about next year I threw it in.

Covcath has some sophomores that can develop into those types of players, though not likely to be a Mayer type. They the sophomores were very good as 8th graders winning the GCYL championship and had a very good freshman season last year as well.

Most of there O line is returning I thought. The sophomore class is loaded with talent as they beat everyone there freshmen year except rule but that was lost on a bad kick off return call by someone. I believe they beat Male’s Jv as well this season. Covcath will be as good as advertised next year as well