Class 4A Championship: #2 Johnson Central vs. #1 Boyle County Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Johnson Central vs. Boyle County Who Wins?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Johnson Central vs. Boyle County Who Wins?

Last years Boyle/Belfry game would be a better comparison than the Corbin game. JC and Belfry run a very similar ball control power offense with little or no passing.

As for the physical aspect, my son played defensive end for Boyle and on the offensive line on certain sets. He said the Belfry game was much more physical and hard hitting than the Corbin game and took a toll that lingered into the next game for several of the Boyle players.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last years Boyle/Belfry game would be a better comparison than the Corbin game. JC and Belfry run a very similar ball control power offense with little or no passing.

As for the physical aspect, my son played defensive end for Boyle and on the offensive line on certain sets. He said the Belfry game was much more physical and hard hitting than the Corbin game and took a toll that lingered into the next game for several of the Boyle players.

That game would have been a lot closer had Belfry not laid the ball on the ground multiple times. I do think this will be the best game out of the six over this weekend. Can't wait to watch.

That game would have been a lot closer had Belfry not laid the ball on the ground multiple times. I do think this will be the best game out of the six over this weekend. Can't wait to watch.

There was also a bang-bang call on what would have been a Pick 6 that played a huge role.The official ruled Defensive PI, had they not called it Belfry would have had an early three score lead.I want to say Boyle ended up converting that drive into points of their own.

I felt Belfry kind of shocked Boyle at first but the Rebels acclimated and adjusted and realized Belfry could not stop Reese Smith and went to work.

Nonetheless, that was a game that was probably much closer than the score indicated.

If I am not mistaken, didn't Smith play with an injury the next week against Corbin?

There was also a bang-bang call on what would have been a Pick 6 that played a huge role.

I felt Belfry kind of shocked Boyle at first but the Rebels acclimated and adjusted and realized Belfry could not stop Reese Smith.

Nonetheless, that was a game that was probably much closer than the score indicated.

If I am not mistaken, didn't Smith play with an injury the next week against Corbin?

Pretty sure He broke his hand in the first 5 minutes of the first quarter and played the rest of the game with it taped then played against Corbin then had surgery to repair.

There was also a bang-bang call on what would have been a Pick 6 that played a huge role.The official ruled Defensive PI, had they not called it Belfry would have had an early three score lead.I want to say Boyle ended up converting that drive into points of their own.

I felt Belfry kind of shocked Boyle at first but the Rebels acclimated and adjusted and realized Belfry could not stop Reese Smith and went to work.

Yes he did. He played with it hurt, then later in the game.. third quarter I believe got knocked out on a pretty hard hit over the top.

I am absolutely stoked about this game.

I feel like if either of these teams was playing anyone else it would make the choice easy.

Jim Matney is an amazing football coach but I can't pick against Chuck Smith, give me the Rebels.

Who Ya With!

I wish I could change my vote to JC in a surprise upset. They've been overlooked. JC played a slightly tougher schedule and dominated just as much. What sells me is their impressive 37 point win vs Belfry. Boyle County is impressive to me because they completely shut down Beau Allen twice, something CovCath was unable to do. But the toughest teams they've played was Highlands and Central. It's infortunate only one team will go down as champs because both teams have been more than remarkable this year. Give me JC 24-17.

Give credit where credits due. Reese Smith has been a stud in HS football along with his rebel teammates. Whatever the outcome I hope it’s a competitive exciting game and both teams play all out and everyone stays healthy. These kids have excellent opportunities ahead! God speed to all!

The statements made in the video does not reflect the feelings of most of the Rebel faithful.

We didn’t think so, but man, that guy tried real hard to dig his own grave in those videos. Surprised Coach Smith didn’t show up and grab him and carry him off stage before he could provide any more bulletin board material.

We didn’t think so, but man, that guy tried real hard to dig his own grave in those videos. Surprised Coach Smith didn’t show up and grab him and carry him off stage before he could provide any more bulletin board material.

Yeah, I did not see any of the high school's administration or Football Coachs in the videos. I cannot believe they thought that was funny and appropriate. I am sure Coach Smith and company are not thrilled with the outcome of that "Pep Rally."

What's funny is that just about everyone who posts a lot on this forum has posted at one time or another "not to judge a whole fan base by one person's opinion". Yet, that is exactly what's happening. So go all in for JC if you want. If they are better they will win and if they are not they will lose.