Class 4A Championship: #2 Johnson Central vs. #1 Boyle County Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Johnson Central vs. Boyle County Who Wins?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Johnson Central vs. Boyle County Who Wins?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As if Jim Matney and JC needed a bigger chip on their shoulder(s). Win or lose, this was foolish on Boyle's part.

So one administrators’ poor decision is indicative of the whole school system and football team? Wow. :ohbrother:

I’m not going to judge an entire fan base off of one ignorant persons comments. But, you better believe Matney will use that as fire for those boys and that the boys will watch it and feed off of it. What an idiotic move. I bet Smith is furious.

So one administrators’ poor decision is indicative of the whole school system and football team? Wow. :ohbrother:

Of course not. Those men were speaking for themselves. I didn't think to specify that because I took it for granted that everyone understood that.

I probably shouldn't have made that assumption. My apologies.

Of course not. Those men were speaking for themselves. I didn't think to specify that because I took it for granted that everyone understood that.

I probably shouldn't have made that assumption. My apologies.

Agreed, never once did I infer that I assume every Boyle Co. fan or resident thinks like that -- obviously that isn't the case.

Now that some Boyle County faithful are making posts on social media about how it isn’t a big deal, folks are being sensitive, he didn’t mean it like that, blah blah blah.

I want to separate myself from that mindset as I know some folks know I have ties to Boyle County.

No administrator should ever participate in reinforcing negative stereotypes about anyone. Especially in front of kids. If you tell kids that a certain group of people aren’t intelligent those kids will believe that for the rest of their lives. What was said shouldn’t be defended by anyone.

Now that some Boyle County faithful are making posts on social media about how it isn’t a big deal, folks are being sensitive, he didn’t mean it like that, blah blah blah.

I want to separate myself from that mindset as I know some folks know I have ties to Boyle County.

No administrator should ever participate in reinforcing negative stereotypes about anyone. Especially in front of kids. If you tell kids that a certain group of people aren’t intelligent those kids will believe that for the rest of their lives. What was said shouldn’t be defended by anyone.

Great post, PP92.

I’m not happy with it at all.

I’m not happy with it at all.

Hopefully the teams will put on a show tomorrow that will wash the bad taste out of people's mouths. Aside from the general ignorance on display, it's distracted from the anticipation of what looks like an epic title game in the making.

You know here’s the thing. We have all, at some point in our life’s, said something we either regretted or wished we could take back. And this day in age, when a camera or video is everywhere, people want to take what they can and use it as an advantage to themselves or their teams. Obviously what was said was tasteless, very disrespectful, and probably not much thought went into it when it was said. But I imagine many of us have said somethings far worse that we wouldn’t want others to know about.

My point is this. I think we as adults shouldn’t inflame the words of another when the stakes couldn’t be any higher from the get go. My worry is that in the early stages of the game, when emotions and energy are already running high, that this doesn’t have players so jacked up that it causes someone whom would normally be a low key player to do something he may regret. And in turn get kicked out of the biggest game of their young lives.

It would be the ultimate shame to see one of either one of these teams lose a key player to something we as adults inflamed.

I just hope this game is as competitive as most of us feel it will be. That both teams come away injury free. That both teams know and respect the magnitude of each program and its tradition. And that they leave the game knowing the left it all on the field.

I personally don’t know much about Boyle Co., but I fully anticipate JC would have been focused and ready to play without this video. I look for JC to surprise a lot of people from around the state and to assert the style of football onto the Rebel’s. I think it will be close, but at the end of the day I see JC winning by a TD.

Johnson Central 27

Boyle Co. 21