Class 4A Championship: #2 Johnson Central vs. #1 Boyle County Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Johnson Central vs. Boyle County Who Wins?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Johnson Central vs. Boyle County Who Wins?

This notion that JC is merely physical, and lacks team speed, I think is going to be re-evaluated after this week.

Their calling card is physicality, and rightfully so, but this team has more overall team speed at the skill positions than any JC team I’ve ever seen.

The best team JC faced this year IMO, Bishop Sycamore, had speed at nearly every skill position just lacked overall discipline. Lots of penalties and sloppy plays on their part.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My concerns about Johnson Central have only increased as the season has progressed. Even as recent as a a month ago I felt that Boyle should win by a few scores. Now that mindset is gone. Johnson Central is the real deal and will give Boyle everything they can handle and then some. I can not make a prediction on this game. I hope Boyle pulls out the W but would not be shocked in the least if JC wins it.

In the end, I think Reese Smith is the best high school football player in Kentucky in 2019, and I think he proves the difference.

Two great teams and I anticipate an absolute war, but if it is close and the ball is thrown in the air, whether on Offense or Defense, and the game hinges on if Reese Smith can make the play I am going with him making that play for the victory.

I think both programs are going to leave this game with total respect for one another.

Boyle 34

JC 30

In the end, I think Reese Smith is the best high school football player in Kentucky in 2019, and I think he proves the difference.

Two great teams and I anticipate an absolute war, but if it is close and the ball is thrown in the air, whether on Offense or Defense, and the game hinges on if Reese Smith can make the play I am going with him making that play for the victory.

I think both programs are going to leave this game with total respect for one another.

Boyle 34

JC 30

This is exactly where my brain is except I think it will be a lower scoring game.

If Boyle can control JC’s running game then I expect Boyle to score in the 40’s, if JC can sustain drives and eat the clock then I see a low scoring type game, I don’t think JC’s defense will be as good as Highlands or Central.

They are very solid, especially in the Front 7 and Preece is an excellent Safety... I would put them ahead of Highlands and right on par with Central, although different defensive styles and philosophy as Central.

They are very solid, especially in the Front 7 and Preece is an excellent Safety... I would put them ahead of Highlands and right on par with Central, although different defensive styles and philosophy as Central.

IMO Highlands had a better Defense than Central, although JC maybe solid I don’t think they will have the speed of Highlands or Central, and neither one of them had the speed to cover Boyle’s receivers.