Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?

Featured Replies

How long has he been HC @ Trinity and how many titles does he have now? Where does he rank on all time coaching wins list vs previous Trinity coaches? Apologies if these questions were addressed earlier in this thread.

 

This was Coach Beatty’s 20th season at Trinity, and his 14th State Championship.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s an incredible record. Trinity has a monopoly on Kentucky High School football. The dominance is cartoonish.

I was in Lex. today and I didn't hear anybody bring this up.

Again - wishful thinking.

I can think of several HC's who wish he left - last year.

I didn't post back when this thread was going in October because, well I just didn't want to get into it all.

 

But it's now even more laughable than it was back then to read this thread. The guy has 14 state titles in 20 years and like 20 losses in 20 years to in-state teams.

 

Did he love on my son and tell him how great he was? No. Does he do that with any of his kids - the best or the worst - no. He coaches them and he gets the most out of them and he wins.

 

Look at the best coaches in any sport, at any level and none of them would win a popularity contest. But I'd sure want those guys to coach me!

 

He'll leave whenever he wants.

Did he love on my son and tell him how great he was? No. Does he do that with any of his kids - the best or the worst - no. He coaches them and he gets the most out of them and he wins..

 

Let's hear from some of these old fart Trinity grads about coach Jim Kennedy (HC of T's first state championships), I heard he was a warm and fuzzy guy, lol.

Coach Kennedy was tough, demanding and fair........and who are you calling an ''"old fart"?

It will be time for Coach Beatty to leave when he decided it is time. He just put a sound beating on a very well coached team that had better talent. He still has it.

I would say with the team he has coming back he isn’t going any where for the 2020 season. After that, I’m sure he’ll take it one season at a time.

Same subject, different coach. Maybe someone has better information than me.

I overheard some Male fans in the parking lot before the game discussing Chris Wolfe's future at Male. Apparently he's having trouble getting his daughter in the school. He also recently lost his pizza franchise. And it appears that Highlands has all but delivered a Brinks truck to his driveway.

And it appears that Highlands has all but delivered a Brinks truck to his driveway.

 

A Male fan said this? Or you heard it elsewhere?

I am not a fan of Beatty, however, he has earned the right to leave when he wants, absent some type of bombshell. A losing season is not a bombshell.

Same subject, different coach. Maybe someone has better information than me.

I overheard some Male fans in the parking lot before the game discussing Chris Wolfe's future at Male. Apparently he's having trouble getting his daughter in the school. He also recently lost his pizza franchise. And it appears that Highlands has all but delivered a Brinks truck to his driveway.

 

With what Trinity has coming back and what St.X has coming up in younger grades, it might be good time to leave since doubtful Male wins Championships next 3 years. Manual returns 18 starters so they may even be better than Male next year.

Same subject, different coach. Maybe someone has better information than me.

I overheard some Male fans in the parking lot before the game discussing Chris Wolfe's future at Male. Apparently he's having trouble getting his daughter in the school. He also recently lost his pizza franchise. And it appears that Highlands has all but delivered a Brinks truck to his driveway.

 

If true I am honestly surprised it took this long for them to try to get him.

My theory. When the words "I heard" preface any statement on this board regarding the future of Bob Beatty, Chuck Smith, Chris Wolfe, or any other top level coach, you can generally be assured that the author is certainly not a reliable source. Those guys did not reach the top of their profession by consulting with the public on their next move.

A Male fan said this? Or you heard it elsewhere?

 

Yes. Two Male fans. I also heard it from his former GM at his pizza business, and they are Male alum.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.