Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?

Featured Replies

My theory. When the words "I heard" preface any statement on this board regarding the future of Bob Beatty, Chuck Smith, Chris Wolfe, or any other top level coach, you can generally be assured that the author is certainly not a reliable source. Those guys did not reach the top of their profession by consulting with the public on their next move.

 

And it's fine to have your "theory". But calling me unreliable doesn't change the fact. His former GM, a Male alum, told me the same thing.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Two Male fans. I also heard it from his former GM at his pizza business, and they are Male alum.

 

Someone that supports Highlands may have tried to communicate with Wolfe, their Admin has not.

Same subject, different coach. Maybe someone has better information than me.

I overheard some Male fans in the parking lot before the game discussing Chris Wolfe's future at Male. Apparently he's having trouble getting his daughter in the school. He also recently lost his pizza franchise. And it appears that Highlands has all but delivered a Brinks truck to his driveway.

 

No doubt a topic for another thread, but I wonder how Coach Weinrich feels about that?

Trinity has an outstanding group of eighth graders taking the placement test on Saturday. Also a great group of underclassmen returning next season. The future at Trinity looks very bright. Go Rocks!

I’m not sure why this is even a discussion. For anyone in their sixties, retirement is at least a thought. He is obviously still on his game.

I’m not sure why this is even a discussion. For anyone in their sixties, retirement is at least a thought. He is obviously still on his game.

 

I mean, I'm not personally challenging whether or not Coach Beatty is "of age" to retire, and I'm definitely not questioning whether or not he's on his game. But I am still interested to hear whether or not this will be the year that the head coach with the most state championships in the state, who's the boss of the program that has the most state championships is hanging it up.

 

Isn't that reason enough to make it a discussion?

I mean, I'm not personally challenging whether or not Coach Beatty is "of age" to retire, and I'm definitely not questioning whether or not he's on his game. But I am still interested to hear whether or not this will be the year that the head coach with the most state championships in the state, who's the boss of the program that has the most state championships is hanging it up.

 

Isn't that reason enough to make it a discussion?

 

NO.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Like every coach, at the end of the season there's an evaluation period. Evaluation of your player i.e exit interviews, staff, and then of yourself and the opportunities that lay ahead. What he has done at Trinity is incredible; what he's done the last decade is something that will probably not be matched in a very long time in the state of KY. But it's not unthinkable for him to pursue other options; I found it interesting in an interview in the Courier Journal Beatty mentioned when he took the Trinity job he had planned on only be at Trinity fro about seven years because of the amount of time he already had coaching in Missouri. That seven years has rolled into 20 with tremendous amount of success.

 

I believe Beatty will be back next year, because his team will be loaded again. But at the same time it could be a good opportunity to explore other options and leave the next coach with an experienced team to work with. Again, my prediction is Beatty returns next year, but if you look at the current sophomore class they are good group, but the current freshmen class doesn't seem to be up to typical Trinity standards, which then could be a good time to step aside to allow another coach to put their stamp on the program.

 

These are fun threads and pass the time during a long off-season.

This was Coach Beatty’s 20th season at Trinity, and his 14th State Championship.

 

Greatest HS football coach ever in the state of KY. Period.

Greatest HS football coach ever in the state of KY. Period.

 

Without question. Always in the biggest class as well.

St.X has beat him 4 times in last 10 years. No question Beatty has stellar record. With his age and if has eye on retirement after next year would be the time to go, but he has earned to be able to leave when he sees fit.

 

I think you mean four in eleven years. The first two were in 2009.

I put the following in another thread, but it makes more sense here:

 

The thing that Beatty has done that is most impressive to me is to adapt to the team that he has that particular year when refining his offense. Two years ago, when they had Rondale Moore, a very accurate but weak-armed QB, and a below average offensive line, Trinity was mostly in spread, no-huddle on offense that featured a quick passing game and jet sweeps. This year, they were under center A LOT with multiple TE’s and sometimes a fullback. In the championship game, they ran the ball 50 times and threw it 15. That is not the Bob Beatty offense of just 2 years ago or especially when he first came to Trinity. In high school football, the best programs tweak their schemes to fit the strengths of that team while maintaining the core of their system. They also have answers to situational football. Trinity does this well. Even in years where they primarily feature the spread, they have a short yardage and goalline offense. In years when they feature the power running game, they have the capacity to spread it out. That is good coaching.

Historically, when Trinity can run the ball inside they are very good. This year's team had excellent offensive balance IMO. I bet that the total yards gained through running is close to that through passing.

Historically, when Trinity can run the ball inside they are very good. This year's team had excellent offensive balance IMO. I bet that the total yards gained through running is close to that through passing.

 

3,015 rushing

2,701 passing

I put the following in another thread, but it makes more sense here:

 

The thing that Beatty has done that is most impressive to me is to adapt to the team that he has that particular year when refining his offense. Two years ago, when they had Rondale Moore, a very accurate but weak-armed QB, and a below average offensive line, Trinity was mostly in spread, no-huddle on offense that featured a quick passing game and jet sweeps. This year, they were under center A LOT with multiple TE’s and sometimes a fullback. In the championship game, they ran the ball 50 times and threw it 15. That is not the Bob Beatty offense of just 2 years ago or especially when he first came to Trinity. In high school football, the best programs tweak their schemes to fit the strengths of that team while maintaining the core of their system. They also have answers to situational football. Trinity does this well. Even in years where they primarily feature the spread, they have a short yardage and goalline offense. In years when they feature the power running game, they have the capacity to spread it out. That is good coaching.

 

This, right here. People may not believe this. But Bob is a big time run type of coach. When they are passing, it's mainly with putting the players in the right position to make plays. At the high school level, if you have proper protection, the right scheme, and an adequate QB, you can move the ball. It's only when you can pound the rock, that you can truly dictate the outcome of the game. Our lines were great this season. On both sides of the ball. Deuce is right, we went vanilla in the first game against Male. I'm not saying I disagreed with that game plan. But I'll say this. We were, indeed, the better team. That was shown on Sunday.

 

re: Bob retiring. It's coming. It won't be next season, but after that, I don't imagine he'll be around for long. He was not planning on being here as long as he has. But, Louisville does this to people. It's a great place to live, his immediate family has stayed here. Factor all of that in, with our community, and I can understand the desire to stay. That being said, my biggest fear, or concern, is for the next man to step up. I, for one, hope we do another national search. This job is a top 15-20 job in the country. It deserves that caliber of coach.

 

Trinity Forever

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.