2A Championship: Russell vs. Mercer County

wildcat111

Who wins the 2A title?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A title?

We get kinda tired of the merge getting shoved down our throats. We know it's an advantage. We aren't alone in this state with that regard. It's the people that keep saying that it isnt Mercer's fault it's the KHSAA or the ones that say it was done for athletics. Now that's a shot at our school and I'm not just going to take that without a reply. Yeah we are a little arrogant but that's been slowly brought out all year. It's in overdrive now that it's title week. All year people on here were like wait till you get deep into the playoffs and you will see those blowouts will stop. Well they didn't up til this point and people realize how much better this team is then everyone they've played. We get tired of the garbage too!

I will not comment on the merge issue, as for the other things, why not be confident instead of arrogant? People on here talk alot of smack, yeah so what, it should feel better to simply say " I told ya so" instead of bickering and arguing like 5th graders when you are right.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...sorry guessed we missed where you lined him up and timed him last year. Did you use a handheld or laser? Or are you posting what you know NOTHING about.......again.

You crack me up..

No laser, no watch. As far as knowing nothing, I watched him play. He is a solid quarterback that throws a decent ball. He does not run a 4.5 40 however.

Ooops, there I go again. Don't you just hate reality.

We get kinda tired of the merge getting shoved down our throats. We know it's an advantage. We aren't alone in this state with that regard. It's the people that keep saying that it isnt Mercer's fault it's the KHSAA or the ones that say it was done for athletics. Now that's a shot at our school and I'm not just going to take that without a reply. Yeah we are a little arrogant but that's been slowly brought out all year. It's in overdrive now that it's title week. All year people on here were like wait till you get deep into the playoffs and you will see those blowouts will stop. Well they didn't up til this point and people realize how much better this team is then everyone they've played. We get tired of the garbage too!

That percentage is going to drop by 33.3% friday.

Obviously not!

Can you honestly show me where someone has insulted the Mercer Co team?

I would think that I am one of the people that you are speaking of because I have kept up on Mercer all year.

I am not talking about people having a problem with the merger and the placement in AA. Those you knew would come. I am talking about actual insults. I bet there are very few.

I honestly don't believe I could show you anything. You see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe.

I agree with that and it is a compliment. Just because you arent fast, doesnt mean you cant be a good football player.

It was meant as a compliment. And for the record I never said he was slow either.

I wonder if some realize how fast a 4.5 40 is.

As for not having to be fast to be a good football player that is true. Mercer fans don't take this wrong. I thought the best player on Mercer last year wasn't the biggest or the fastest. It was Chris Lewis. He impressed me so much. I said then, as I have said this year as well in some of the highjacked threads, he is one of the most underated players in the state. He reminds me alot of Josh Wills #56 for Russell.

I will not comment on the merge issue, as for the other things, why not be confident instead of arrogant? People on here talk alot of smack, yeah so what, it should feel better to simply say " I told ya so" instead of bickering and arguing like 5th graders when you are right.

That's what we get on here for......TO ARGUE LIKE 5TH GRADERS!!!! WE LIKE IT!!!! LEAVE US ALONE!!! 28 posts does not give you the history to tell me to knock it off. Now, back to petty, endless, pointless bickering.......who's next? :D :D :D

It was meant as a compliment. And for the record I never said he was slow either.

As for not having to be fast to be a good football player that is true. Mercer fans don't take this wrong. I thought the best player on Mercer last year wasn't the biggest or the fastest. It was Chris Lewis. He impressed me so much. I said then, as I have said this year as well in some of the highjacked threads, he is one of the most underated players in the state. He reminds me alot of Josh Wills #56 for Russell.

I know you meant it as that and I also know you never said he was slow. I was just telling other people that because some dont realize it.

Chris Lewis is one heck of a football player, smart, good instincts, and a huge heart.

I honestly don't believe I could show you anything. You see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe.

Honestly, show me an insult. I have never insulted any of the kids, coaching staff or administrators at Mercer Co.. I do not agree with the circumstances and will make no secret about that. But as far as the football team goes, not one insult or derogatory remark has been made. If you can find any I will publicly appoligize on this thread.

Like I said I wont stand aside while our school's name get's trashed. Is that being arrogant? Sure, I posted that Russell's state championship win % would drop but, that's all in fun.

:thumb: I don't know what the heck his 40 time is either. :lol:

I know you meant it as that and I also know you never said he was slow. I was just telling other people that because some dont realize it.

Chris Lewis is one heck of a football player, smart, good instincts, and a huge heart.

Comparing anybody to Wills and the way they play football is IMO about as big as a compliment as you can give. Those are two great football players.

That's what we get on here for......TO ARGUE LIKE 5TH GRADERS!!!! WE LIKE IT!!!! LEAVE US ALONE!!! 28 posts does not give you the history to tell me to knock it off. Now, back to petty, endless, pointless bickering.......who's next? :D :D :D

I know you dont get on here with those intentions, but when these things do happen, we should all just take a step back, take a breath and realize were adults.