Everything posted by Fast_Tracks
-
Mercer Co. vs Hopkinsville
Titan fan here! Titan's by 10!!
-
Mercer Co. 35 Southwestern 21
I'm not going to say that Mercer needs to be ranked any higher. But they went nose to nose with Madison Central. It was 0-0 late in the third and Mercer fell apart. This team has really improved since last season.
-
Mercer Co./Southwestern predictions
I might be wrong but, I don't think Southwestern puts up 14 against Mercer.
-
Mercer Co./Southwestern predictions
Mercer 34 Southwestern 7
-
Mercer County 47 Lincoln County 0
Who started QB for Mercer? Were all the scores from rushing?
-
Mercer County/Lincoln County predictions
The big difference is that they've only played twice since the merger. The Mercer team last year was struggling to adjust to so many losses of personnel from the previous season. I expect a pretty good game. The Mercer D is stout.
-
Danville/Russell Co. Predictions:
Danville 41 Russel Co 7
-
Danville/Russell Co. Predictions:
Russell county will be outmatched at too many positions. Danville has size and speed that will be too much for the Lakers to contain. But, no matter what it's good exposure for the Lakers.
-
Danville/Mercer Co. Scrimmage
Mercer will be fine.
-
2008 Mercer County
I agree. I'd like to see Trevor play in the secondary. Freeman Edwards made the best of his move to safety. That kid was a beast back there. He was a real head hunter!
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
Yeah, Harrodsburg had Jewel Brown (great Back who was on UK's depth chart along with Jay Parks Early on before transferring out), Jason Dunn(Still in the NFL after 11 years,,Craig Yeast(holds many SEC records still and then spent 4years in the NFL),Dennis Johnson(played 3 seasons in the NFL) Julias Yeast(Ohio St.),Chad Dunn, and many more. Mercer Had John David Taylor(great back who would knock your head off),Terry Riley(you didn't want to tackle this guy he was a tank),Timmy Rogers(NAIA all american Lb),Brian Sims (had some wheels), and many others that I'm leavin off. You throw in that line (in which there was an article in the lexington hearld leader that talked about Mercer's line being as big as the wolverines of Michigan). They were just big. And Chuck Smith was on the Mercer staff when French was at Mercer. Chuck Smith should have been the coach. He interviewed for the job. He was the real gem that got away.
-
The Best Danville Football player
I was about to mention him. And, you are spot on about his abilites as a defensive back. He was a great athlete. He was unbelievably fast. Those Danville teams were so dominant.
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
You were just thinking what I was thinking. The late 80's era would have been a good one. Harrodsburg was tough and Mercer had an awesome team. They had one of the biggest offensive lines I've ever seen on a high school team. They all were up around the 300 range. The only problem was that they lacked team speed. Then you add the Pioneers in and that team would have been just sick. Mercer had two losses that year and both were to Danville due to not being able to counter their speed. Donnie Redd was just too fast. Brandon Ford's dad Tootie was pretty good for Harrodsburg that year. I'm hearing alot of good things about his son on the 8th grade team. I hear those youngsters are looking really good right now.
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
Possibly, but it might not have either. Whether they were 2A or 3A last year Mercer wasn't no joke.
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
Good chance that team would have been playing at Papa Johns in 3A as well.
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
Last year's team was very good. But if they were merged about 15 to 20 years ago there would be a few more titles. There has been a good amount of talent in this area. Heavily on the Harrodsburg side.
-
Lincoln Co. vs. Mercer Co. Predictions
They'll have to do it through the air. I don't see them running the ball against the Titans.
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
You beat me to it Gus. Timmy Rogers was a beast. I'd throw in his teammate Terry Riley at fullback.
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
Like you said earlier. Way too many players that could be mentioned. I work with Jason's brother every day. He's always bringing in pics from his times out in Kansas City. Man, it must be nice. They take care of their players families while they are at the games for sure.
-
HBurg/Mercer area dream team!
Add Jason Dunn into the tight end rotation. He's only starting his 11th season in the NFL.
-
Mercer Co.14 Greeneville, TN 9
I thought that last drive was just clutch. I mean the game was on the line. They will lose sooner or later this year. It could have easily been tonight. But those kids stepped up. They just made some huge plays down the stretch. That is going to help them as they play on through this season. Last week I was worried cause I saw a timid team. With all the new starters that's to be expected. But, against the team from Tennessee they showed some toughness. Great game!
-
Mercer Co.14 Greeneville, TN 9
You aint joking. That kid had some leg on him. That's a huge weapon!
-
Mercer Co.14 Greeneville, TN 9
Hats off to Jordan Yeast. He really showed some power out there. Mercer trailed for most of the game. They got the ball back with less than 4 minutes and put together a drive to take the lead with about 30 seconds left. The defense was stout against the run. Besides the one run that greenville broke for a score they were shut down. Once again Yeast was a workhorse tonight. The Titans have alot to work on but, they showed they had some heart out there tonight. Greenville had a great turnout as well.
-
Madison Central/Danville Updates
I know Mercer County could sure have used Tyler Mayes this season. Madison Central has a good one.
-
Mercer Co. 34 Russell Co. 7
He threw for a couple of nice TD passes. Overall for the Titans the youth really showed. But, there is alot of potential. I really liked what I saw out of McCloud and Yeast. I think once the Qb gets a couple of games under his belt he will be fine. He does have a nice arm on him.