Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer Co. 35 Southwestern 21

Featured Replies

Not much defense in this one . Both teams seemed to move the ball up and down the field at will.. Lots of turnovers kept the score from being higher... SW was their own worst enemy turning it over inside the MC 10 yd. line 3 times. Mercer had some costly turnovers also.. The officiating was terrible both ways.. Lots of head scratchers called without any explanation.. Other than the rash of turnovers both teams played hard and should meet again in the play-offs.. Go Warriors!!

Mercer wasn't as strong as I thought. Southwestern beat themselves, it's that simple. Southwestern fans left more disgusted than disappointed. Mercer does have some good backs though and a good running game. They made some really strong runs around the outside for big gains. Southwestern had trouble containing. It was a good old fashion hard hitting game fun to watch. I would like to see a rematch. Four times in the red zone and Southwestern don't score, three fumbles inside the five. Enough said.

Mercer wasn't as strong as I thought. Southwestern beat themselves, it's that simple. Southwestern fans left more disgusted than disappointed. Mercer does have some good backs though and a good running game. They made some really strong runs around the outside for big gains. Southwestern had trouble containing. It was a good old fashion hard hitting game fun to watch. I would like to see a rematch. Four times in the red zone and Southwestern don't score, three fumbles inside the five. Enough said.

 

I didn't see 3 fumbles inside the 5. I saw 1 and I saw Mercer fumble 2 times and throw 2 interceptions.

Giving credit where credit is due, PSW plays a heckuva tough schedule year in and year out and this is from someone on the outside(I have no ties to PSW). Congrats to Mercer and good luck to PSW.

Number 12 for Southwestern fumbled twice inside the five and another time inside the ten. They also threw an interception or two, one lead to a Mercer TD. Maybe they will meet again in the playoffs.

Number 12 for Southwestern fumbled twice inside the five and another time inside the ten. They also threw an interception or two, one lead to a Mercer TD. Maybe they will meet again in the playoffs.

 

I think both teams turned it over 5 times.

Mercer is the most underrated team in the 5A. Do not be surprised if this team makes a playoff run.

Mercer is the most underrated team in the 5A. Do not be surprised if this team makes a playoff run.

 

I might agree with you that Mercer is underrated but exactly who have they beat this season to reveal them as heavily rated as you believe?

 

They lost to a good Madison Central squad by 23 points (I know they shot themselves a lot but it was still a big loss). They dominated a really bad Lincoln team, a 1-2 Pulaski squad and a Southwestern team that was dominated by Class AA Danville.

I might agree with you that Mercer is underrated but exactly who have they beat this season to reveal them as heavily rated as you believe?

 

They lost to a good Madison Central squad by 23 points (I know they shot themselves a lot but it was still a big loss). They dominated a really bad Lincoln team, a 1-2 Pulaski squad and a Southwestern team that was dominated by Class AA Danville.

 

I'm not going to say that Mercer needs to be ranked any higher. But they went nose to nose with Madison Central. It was 0-0 late in the third and Mercer fell apart. This team has really improved since last season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.